22. Halter tops and mini skirts.

Eventually, it was Sunday afternoon when I got the girls assembled in the couch of our room.

      “So…..,”  I dragged not wanting to just drop the bomb.  Both of their stares bore into mine and I didn’t want to meet either one of them so I dropped them to the floor.  I looked at my sock and curled my feet inward.  My feet bounced nervously.  I took a deep breath and sighed.  Finally, I bought my eyes back to them.

      “I am moving out of the dorm this week.  And into an apartment.”  I said and added, “With Nick and his brother.”  Nope, definitely not with my sexy professor.

      I watched their reaction morphing from excitement to open-mouthed astonished expression.

     Guess I didn’t expect any less.

      “What the hell?”  Hayley said at the same time Katie.

      “No shit.”

     “Yes, I definitely am.”  I nodded defeated.

     “Ok, let me get this straight.  You are moving in with someone you know for few weeks?”  Katie asked exasperated. 

      “Um, No.  But kind of.  They are my Uncle’s Brothers-in-law.”

     “What?”  Hayley asked in disbelief.

     “I’m sorry.  I didn’t tell you guys before.  But I was pissed off at him and didn’t want anymore problems.”  I said.

      “So, you are leaving the dorm?”  Katie asked after long couple minutes of my life.

      I grimaced and nodded.

      A hand landed on my knee and I pulled my head back up and saw Hayley watching me intently.

     “No one forced you right?  That was the fight you had with you father that day in the phone?”  she asked remembering the night where I called my dad and tried to convince him take me out of Mia’s offer.  She is attentive.  I nodded grimly.

     “You sure you will be alright if you move in with that piece of junk?”

     I laughed.  “I guess.”

      “Then it is fine with us too, Ames.”  Katie said softly.

        “If you are having any problem with him you don’t hesitate to come to us.”  Hayley said.

      “Hesitate my ass, you just pull him down the gutter and give him a nice beating to his head.”  Katie quipped.

     We all laughed.  And it became normal, again.

     Guess, I always think the worst of situations.

      We all lounged back and decided watch some romcom movies.  Hayley ordered some pizza and the drama before never happened.  I know they have many questions.  Which they are not ready to ask and I am not ready to tell them, either. 

     While eating a mouth-watering pizza and staring at a stupid happy ending movie, I was happy Nick’s brother was not a hot topic.  And, I definitely did not want to think about him.  Never.

      If it only were true and easy that way.

      He was always a constant remainder of a part in my mind.  So, when Katie got bored of the all the lovey-dovey shit, we ended up in the same bar we went to when we first met.

     It was easy to lose myself in drinks rather than thoughts eating me up as a whole.  Hence, I drank like a damn alcoholic and ended up shit faced.  We laughed like damn fools, but at the end of the day it didn’t matter if we embarrassed ourselves it was a best night to lose all my thoughts.