44. Trouble.

AMELIA’S POV

       “Oh, lord.  What the hell happened to you?”  I wailed louder.

        Zach was beside me in a heartbeat.  His eyes widened and he looked him up and down.

        “Let him in first.”  He said and moved out of the way and I did the same thing.  I can’t seem to comprehend anything, it’s like my brain froze in the haze of adrenaline.  I was visibly crying but I hooked my arm through Jordan’s when he staggered into the apartment.  He looked like some one had deliberately jumped him.

        His nose was bleeding and one of his eyes was swollen shut and it was angry red.  Both of his cheeks had bruises forming.  And the way he was leaning to one side I would have guessed he had couple of broken ribs.

       He winced when I gingerly lower him on the couch.  I sat beside him and examined his face.  He looked exhausted and I can’t help but think of nasty things I would do to the monster who did this to him.

       “Jo, what happened?  Please tell me.”  I croaked.

       He tried to open his mouth but winced instead.

       “Hey, Amy.  First, get him water.”  Zach commanded.  And I felt happy for that, at least he was level head.

         I zoomed in and out of the kitchen with a cold-water bottle in my hand.  When I neared the sofa, I saw Zach looking at closed eye, head thrown back on the couch, half unconscious Jordan.

        I tilt the water bottle to Jordan’s lip and he drank from it a minute later.  When I bottled the cap, I saw Zach reaching out to Jordan and I cut my eye to what he is doing and I inhaled a sharp breath when I saw fist like bruises all over Jordan’s torso when Zach lifted his shirt.

        New set of tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I tried to compose myself.

       “Jordan, did you get mugged?  When did this happen?  Talk to me.”  I said desperately.

       He tried to speak again but he just croaked and flinch a little.

       Zach looked at me then and I can see the same concern reflecting on his own eyes.  “I will call an ambulance.”  He said and it jerked Jordan of whatever pain induced state he was in.

       “No!  Hospi—No.”  He tried to say but he had a coughing fit and then he winced when pain took over him.  He let out a huge wail and curled into himself clutching his stomach, I ran to the kitchen and snatched a waste basket and brought it in front of Jordan’s mouth.

        He vomits the minute I bring it near his mouth.  The putrid smell lingers on the air and more than ever Jordan winces in pain and holds his sternum like he is having chest pain and he has gone couple of shades paler.  I didn’t even realize I was crying until I see tear drops on his cheek from where I was hovering. 

         “Please, call 911.”  I begged to Zach so that he won’t hear to Jordan’s word.

         Jordan shook his head slightly and tried to get up but when I audibly hear a crack, he doubles over in pain and yelled a couple of curses before he dropped on the couch, life less.

         I heard a door opening but I ignored it and checked Jordan’s pulse on his neck and relieved to find out that he still has pulse beating, but it was very faint.

         “Woah, oh shit.  What the hell?”  Comes an exclamation behind me and I turned to see Nick striding towards the couch his eyes fixated on Jordan’s limp body.  He tried to touch him but I clasped my fingers around his arm and stop him.