27. My lifeline.

“Um… sorry, I should have knocked.”  I said and walked backwards couple of steps and reached the door.  But before I could go outside and get the hell out of there Zach spoke.

     “It’s ok, Miss smith.  Come here.”  He said and straightened in the chair.

     The woman who was sitting on the desk was now standing along side his chair and draped her fingers over his chair like she was showing whose property he was.

      This foreign feeling in my chest did nothing to stop the anger flowing through my veins.  I wanted to rip her apart.  I never would have had thoughts of assaulting someone like I did with her.  This jealousy is a sinful thing I needed to go far away from this curse.

     I reluctantly dragged my feet to his desk, if he introduces this woman as his girlfriend, I think I would definitely do what I thought.  To avoid making any rash decisions I strayed away from her in a decent distance.  It was for my own sake.  I could maim her within minutes, her petite frame would not match my strides.

     “Meet, Miss Cassandra Jenkins.”  He said and gestured to the women next to him.

     “Oh, call me Sandra.”  She said in a sweet voice.  Which was not surprisingly fake.

     I flailed a second.  She gave me this thousand-watt smile that I could not seem to categorize as fake.  And it did nothing to break my anger.  If not, it increased, he is with this beautiful genuine woman without any coax of fake in her, god she was perfect for him.  Like one I would never be.

     “Is she the one attending the meet?”  Miss Perfect asked Zach.

     Um, how did she know that, it was not a big event for some random woman to know about.  Did Zach tell her about it.  One way I felt proud because he talked to her about me but another second it induced my anger that he talked to her at all.  Even though I didn’t know what kind of relationships both of them had.

      “Yes, she is the one.  Amelia Smith.”  Zach introduced me.

     “Oh, nice to meet you Amy.”  She said.

      Anger and grief passed through my veins suddenly hearing that name.  She has no right to call me that.  It was only for my mom.  Maybe, Zach.  God no.

     “Amelia.”  I gritted out, my molars grinding together in protest I wanted to slap the hell out of her.

     Her face fell a bit but she managed to recover quickly.

     “Ok then, Amelia.  I think Zach would have told you already, you can ask me anything regarding the meet we are attending.”  She said in her sulky sweet voice which was getting on my nerves each second.

     But why would I attend the meet with her.

     And then everything clicked into place.  She is the colleague Zach talked about that day when he gave the papers.  Miss Jenkins.  In the way of inner turmoil, I forgot to use my brain.

      Isn’t against the rules to have relationship with your colleague.

      It is also is against the rules to have an intimate relationship with your student, my thought bumped in.

      Ughhh, I hate myself sometimes.

      “Yes, thank you.”  I replied neutrally and shoulder my bag tightly.

      “I will talk with you later on, bye.”  She said to Zach and squeezed his shoulders and walked off.  I wanted to rip off her fingers one by one and feed it to the birds.