02. first impression

This Story is for pure fun, enjoyment and entertainment. All related topics are fictional. The University is fictional and events that happen between characters do not necessarily happen in real life. Enjoy the story!

The climate was humid as it was August and in a few months winter will start to sweep in, I stepped into the college campus from the cab. I booked a hotel room beforehand and dropped my entire luggage there, the room was pretty, but I guess I will change to my dorm as soon as possible. The college was huge with many tall buildings and students walking all over the place. It was pretty exciting for me, people with different color of hairs and people from different ethnicity were to be found. My initial thought was how to find a friend like I had one back in India. Again I started to feel sad, but today is not the day, I followed the arrows which lead me to the office of the Vice Chancellor. There were chaos near the room many students and their parents talking with each other, some people sobbing, I was jealous cause at least they got a shoulder to cry, there were many newbies just like me. 'It's ok everything will be alright', I chanted this mantra and knocked on the big wooden door of the office. The inside was very pretty, decorated with numerous trophies and certificates, and photos of students who won several competitions, I look forward and a man around his late forties grinned at me, I returned a smile.
"Come sit", he commanded. I gave him my scholarship details, after a thorough glace at those papers he was pretty convinced that I can do better than the other students here, stating my speaking skills. Yep right, I was a gifted speaker; I used to speak about the public issues which aroused in India that was the main reason why I was encouraged to pursue law. Because having legal knowledge and speaking with more evident points will always have a greater impact. He wished me good luck and gave me some schedules which will be effect from Monday. I thanked him and went straight out.

Now is the biggest step, to search for a dorm room, the Chancellor told that Residence Hall was for the first (freshman) year. So I went searching for the building following the signs, the building was pretty big but it was crowded; students were going in and out of the reception like area. I went inside a small room, which was management room of the dorm building. There was a women sitting, who was around her fifties maybe. "Is there any room available for freshman?" I enquired. She went through some of the papers, and turned to me "I'm sorry, the rooms here are full, but there is availability in the Center City, which is just 30 minutes off campus and there are transport facilities available, if you would like to have a room there I can do the necessaries." It was pretty convincing because waiting for availability and staying in a hotel room was a bad idea so I agreed to what she said.
"I've got a room available in building 6, room No.14; the address is here", she handed over a piece of card showing of the address and the name of the building and phone numbers and etcetera. Further she added, "There will be a bed available in there itself, if you want to share your expenses you can add another person in your room, if not you can inform me now, I will click of the availability in your room."

I've always wanted privacy and also my scholarships cover these expenses, so why not use it to the fullest. "I guess you can cancel the availability in my room I will have the room to myself."
"Very well then, here you go, all the best for your future" she encouraged me handing over some papers which I have to sign and key to the room and also added some manuals about the transportation and maps to the downtown area and all the necessities.
.
.
.
The "downtown" of the city was so beautiful at night it is has the main place of entertainment like: shopping, clubs, big party houses, nightlife, entertainment and culture, it has it all. A number of students live on the western part of Center City which is closer to campus. Although Center City is more expensive, many students are able to afford living there by having a roommate. But I was pretty comfortable with everything, the cab dropped me of in front of a huge building which is very spacious outside, the inside of the building is even more vibrant. I was so freaking excited to look for my room, I could see many students both boys and girls walking in and out their room, this is when I realized the dorm was Co-ed. If my dad knew that I stayed at a place where guys where within 500meter distance he would jump of a plane and will definitely fly me back to India, which is all I wanted, but now it is different, I want to stay here and have a new lifestyle. It is not like my dad is against boys or something but he is pretty protective of me, but he never touched my phone once after he bought me one. He had a huge trust in me, I would never break it. I promised him that I will wait till marriage even if I like a guy here, which was a great deal for my family, we never wore purity rings but we always were in unison with that decision. And also I know that dating a guy who isn't my culture was never a problem with my dad, but having sex was definitely off-limits, and I also respect that decision.
When I got near the Room No.14, which happened to be my birthdate, I opened the room with the key which I had been given previously. Excitement flowed through my veins when I flew open the door. My eyes where glittering from surprise, the sight in front of me don't have enough words to describe it!