11. Pale blue eyes

“What?” I asked her surprise evident in my tone.  My brows were furrowed with confusion.

     “Mr. Wilson visited the office earlier and informed us that he didn’t want anyone to join or drop the class.” She explained.

     “But, why?  Students are allowed to drop out if they have any difficulties.  Am I right?” I asked her confusion etched in my face.

     “Of course, Miss smith.  But the teachers are also given authority to take control of their class.  If they find it difficult to handle new students, they can indeed make some required changes.  If I am clear to you.”

     She was indeed very clear.  But I found myself in a situation were this would have been avoided if I didn’t happen to have slipped that I was going to drop out of his class, yesterday.  I internally punched my stupid mouth.  I nodded at her direction and left the office half-heartedly.

      When I stepped outside, I gone through the entire things that happened this past two days.  I hated why I was so oblivious to everything.  yesterday, if I hadn’t seen that beautiful dog tied to that bench, I would have sat somewhere else so that I wouldn’t have clashed into Mr. Wilson.  Today, if I hadn’t picked up a conversation with my sister and if I didn’t tell her everything and kept some things to myself then, I would have reached the office earlier than him.  When he was busy plotting against me, I was oblivious to everything and was sitting bawling my eyes in the bathroom.  I guess there is no one blame here than myself.

      I absentmindedly sat on the grass near sports administration building which was near the office and leaned my head against the tree, nearby.  I contemplated on attending any class today.  I sighed loudly and was about to get up and leave.  When I saw a figure approaching me.  It was Katie, she was fuming and was approaching me with stern steps.  I protected myself internally for whatever is going to come next.  I know she would be mad about what happened to Hayley, considering they both are best friends.   

        “I hate these frigging cheerleaders.” She yelled while sitting beside me cross-legged.

     What?

     “I don’t understand?” I asked her, this being the 100th time I got dumb folded today.

     “You obviously don’t know” she said rolling her eyes at me while continuing, “there are tryouts being held for freshmen in all kind of sport activities.  Our seniors would assess our skills and will decide if we will be selected for the team.”

     “Oh”, I tried to comprehend everything she said, “So, you went in for cheer leading and you obviously felt those zero size bitches were making extraordinary comments on petite slut like girls who were showing off their body who also have no clue of what routine they would do, I might as well guess that you didn’t even participate, because you hate them already.”  I said with pointing my finger in front of her wide-eyed face.  I knew that moment, everything I said was right.

    “Wow.  Were you there earlier?” She asked astonished.

     “Nope. Just guessed it.” I couldn’t help but giggle.

     Few minutes of silence passed between us; we both were looking ahead of us obviously having different things running on our minds.  Few of the students were in groups gossiping and some were sitting just like us.  And some basketball players were running in lapses in the green field.  Even though they were a good few meter away, they all looked like gods in those shorts.

     “Hey”, she suddenly shouted.  At first, I thought she was calling somebody. “Wait a minute, you told me you played for state championship for basketball in your country.  Am I right?”