48.

I hated studying. I hated math and physics, and I hated how I couldn't understand a single thing in class.

Why couldn't we just stick with English --and Philosophy, History, hell even Biology-- where there aren't any numbers or theorems or derivations and shit?

Learning about the world and literature will help us in our future, not learning about the value of x or of integrations and meh.

Sorry journal, the homework load for this weekend is making me cranky.

I was sat in my last class of the day right now (Physics), rhythmically tapping my pen against the desk as I tried to make sense of the questions printed on the pop quiz sheet in front of me.

After a few tries of ticking then rubbing out some answers, I pushed the paper back with a frustrated sigh, laying my head on my folded arms.

A few minutes later, I felt a poke on my side which make me squirm and glare at Louis, who pointed to the front of the class with his eyes, smiling widely with his chin in his palm.

I sheepishly looked forward where a few volunteers stood, and some of them were part time teachers as well, like Zayn. Sadly, Zayn wasn't one of them.

Speaking of Zayn, it'd been more than a week since we'd spent the best early morning in Zayn's room and fallen asleep cuddled together, skipping the whole day.

Since then, we hadn't gotten a chance to meet because Zayn had been really busy with the volunteer plus his teaching work, and I was with my homework load and the creative writing class that Zayn had urged me to sign for.

But for now, all that happened were just casual glances and such. I really wanted to kiss Zayn again-- it had been a freaking week!-- but I know I'll sound like a whiny teenager if I'll voice my thoughts, so I keep quiet, reminding myself that this is risky and I have to accept and make the most of what I'm getting with Zayn. For now.

I snapped out of my thoughts, focusing back on the volunteers. I recognized Becca who worked the Sunday breakfast shift with Zayn along with taking my creative writing class, and with her was another blonde guy who I didn't know, and the new brunette, spectacled techie teacher who was adjusting his fringe underneath his beanie. Rej, I think his name was.

Oh yeah. That's Rej, Louis' new favorite teacher.

He was one of the newest volunteers/ part time teachers, but still I hadn't seen him around much because according to Louis, he was always at the computer lab.

I'd seen him once or twice with Zayn, but now they'd seemed to hit it off really well these few days from what I observed. Good for Zayn. I wasn't jealous.

Why would I be jealous of Zayn befriending cute guys his own age?

Rej was Louis' favorite teacher because Louis loved technology, and it was funny seeing Louis being so attentive in class for once. I quietly chuckled to myself and concentrated on what the volunteer was signing.

Becca started first.

Hi guys! As many of you might now, I'm Becca, the one who hands you guys cereal sometimes and also loves to write, the bubbly readhead signed slowly, casting her blue gaze around the class as I nodded with a small laugh.

She then jutted her thumbs to point at both the boys standing behind her.

This here are the two new guys who joined our team recently. The moody blonde one is Austin and the geeky brunette is Rej, she signed with a cheeky smile, earning a smack on the head by Rej, making us all laugh, while Louis almost toppled over in hysterics as Liam and I looked at him in amusement.

Now what we came here to tell you guys is that a few of us teachers and volunteers have been given the responsibility by Des Styles, to arrange and take you guys out on a field trip, Rej signed with a bright smile, making everyone look at each other with matching excited grins.

This year it's the year 10 and 11's turn, and you guys are going to London next week! Becca signed, almost jumping in her spot.

Everyone got out of their seats in happiness, while I was frozen in shock. Both in fear and excitement. Because all I'd even known was my home, and then this place. I had never been outside on my free will for more than two years.

Louis jumped out of his seat beside mine and tacked Liam in his, kissing him swiftly and then tugging at my wrist, pulled me close to them.

I returned both of my friend's excited smiles as shook my pessimistic thoughts away, passing and arm around Louis' shoulders.

Because yes, this is going to be a trip of a lifetime for us, but I still couldn't enjoy this moment fully because I didn't know if Zayn is going to be one of those few volunteers accompanying us.

- - -

now who is this rej guy?

(he has a pretty important role later on wink wink)

oh and becca is played by ariana grande

so much is gonna happen in london i cant even

i apologize for the tardy update x