12.

Liam and Louis were definitely a thing now.

Yep, I'm sure of it. Louis is always sneaking out of his room to presumably hang out with Liam. And Liam, the shy boy, was a lot more touchy-feely with Louis now.

Both boys were currently engaged in a deep conversation, with a tiny Louis pressed against Liam's broad shoulder and constantly muffling his giggles in Liam's neck. Honest to God, they were annoying.

But I guess they were kinda cute.

And seeing Louis and Liam (who were in their own little bubble and had no idea I existed) made me think of my own love life and my pathetic crush on Zayn. Well, it was more of an infatuation actually. Or even more than that. Ugh.

I'd been playing what Zayn had said about me again and again in my head since yesterday at the bench. He admired me. But I decided not to look too much into that. Zayn said that he admired people like me. Not me, me.

Louis suddenly nudged me, snapping me out of my deep thoughts. I looked up at him with an annoyed frown, and Louis pointed in the direction of the cafeteria counter with worried eyes.

I followed Louis' finger, and felt my breath catch in my throat.

Zayn was animatedly talking to a curly haired boy, and they were both laughing, with the curly-haired boy's large hand draped on Zayn's shoulder.

He was making Zayn laugh. And he was standing a little but too close for comfort.

I felt my hands ball up into tight fists my lap, as the stupid lanky guy leaned forward and whispered something in Zayn's ear, making him blush and bite his lip.

I gritted my teeth as Zayn blushed, because of him, and offered him that beautiful smile of his with a nod as Curly pecked his cheek and slipped out from behind the counter.

I bit on my lip harshly as I looked back down at my trembling hands, willing myself not to cry.

This is stupid. I'm pathetic. Zayn deserves to have a boyfriend, to be happy. So why am I feeling so angry over that? Over his happiness?

But I already knew the answer to my own question.

Because I wanted to be the one to make Zayn laugh, to make Zayn blush. And I want to be the one who gets to kiss his cheek and whisper sweet things in his ear.

It sounds impossible, but hey, a boy can dream, right?

But let's keep the harsh reality in hindsight as well, shall we?

I'm just a sixteen year old deaf kid. How will I ever compete with someone like Curly?

[ ooh side zarry, eh? ;) what do you think of cutesy lilo? vote, comment! ilysm guys <3 ]