15.

The class was over as students piled out of the class, jolting me out of my thoughts.

I was imagining the worst case scenario throughout the whole class. But the hopeless romantic side of me was giddy and hoping that maybe Zayn was upset at me avoiding him for the past two days and wanted answers.

Pssh, right.

Good luck, Louis signed with a grin as we all stood up to exit the class, and Liam nodded at me with a smile-- which was a first-- as I returned the gesture.

As per routine, Louis and Liam separated for their next class, while I awkwardly hung behind, waiting for Zayn who was nowhere in sight.

I hiked my backpack up my shoulder as I cast a breezy look around the busy hallway.

A few minutes ticked by, and I decided to just leave for my next class when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned around and blushed, willing myself to meet Zayn's eyes.

I waited for him to say something but Zayn just smiled, and handed me a folded paper. And before I could ask him anything else, Zayn had disappeared in the slowly increasing crowd of the hallway.

I blinked, looking down at the white paper note in my hands, that I'm never ever going to throw away and maybe possibly keep in my journal.

I slowly unfolded the paper while biting my lower lip in anticipation.

Hey Apple Boy.

I'm not seeing you around at the place where you admire those pretty waves and write. Are you bored of them already?

Or... Do you mind me being there, intruding on you? If that's so, then I won't disturb you to tell you that I admire you.

But I wanted to meet my friend one more time at the sea-waves place because I have something for him. I might even bring him an apple. No promises though.

Hope he won't mind me.

-Zayn :)

I had to try very hard to suppress my grin and my manly giggles. I folded the paper and tightly held it in my hands, sighing blissfully.

He noticed my absence. I matter to him. As a friend, sure. But whatever. I'll take it.

But... But APPLE BOY!

THAT'S ME!

And Zayn wants to meet me at the bench again, so of course I will. I won't bring up anything about Curly right now.

Because it's going to be just me and Zayn now, when I'll meet him there. Oh, boy.

[much more ziall feels up ahead :D]