17.

I haven't asked before, but are you and Liam official? I asked my best friend with a smirk.

I then lifted up my cheese sandwich and took a bite as Louis grinned, scooting even closer on his bed, so our crossed knees were touching.

Well, you would have asked if you weren't too busy having romantic rendezvous' with Zayn! Louis teased, as I blushed and smacked him.

Don't change the subject! I signed, and then brushed bread crumbs off my lap.

Louis heaved a huge sigh.

Fine. Yes. I really like Liam. I mean, how can you not? He is like a huge teddy bear and such a sweetheart! And he told me I make him laugh and he really likes having me around! Louis, uh, rambled excitedly, his eyes shining, his hands signing so ralidly that I was having a hard time reading what he said.

Aw, you're so in love! I signed back with a teasing smirk, and Louis rolled his eyes, but didn't deny it, just smiled softly.

I guess I am. Louis then turned to me with a shit-eating grin.

Okay, I've explained enough. Your turn, Louis signed, and I decided now would be an appropriate time to tell my best friend about the note and the meeting.

After I was done telling Louis everything and showing him the note, leaving out some very tiny details, Louis was jumping around in his spot, seizing my wrists, making the bed shake.

Louis looked like he was squealing, and then he pulled me into a tight hug, kissing my cheek.

He then pulled back, and finally when his hands were free, he signed, I'm so happy for you Nialler! I should have guessed, you seem so happy!  And this is progress! He likes you, I can tell!

Louis was more excited than I was. But that's Louis for you. Always being happy for others.

I sighed. Yeah, but he thinks of me as just a friend, Lou. Just a kid. And, I bit my lip. I think he has a boyfriend. Or a guy he likes. The Curly bloke.

Well he definitely likes guys, that much I can tell.

Louis rolled his eyes and smacked me, then held one finger up. He loves spending time with you, he gave you an apple, Louis ticked off on his fingers, He gave you an adorable nickname, he told you he talks to people he finds interesting. That's you! Louis signed wildly, then jabbed me in the chest, trying to talk sense into me.

And he successfully managed to do that as I lightly hugged him and Louis understood, kissing my cheek as he shoved me off his bed.

Maybe Zayn does feel something for me. And even if he doesn't, I'm going to make sure he forgets that Curly boy.