02.

I saw Zayn Malik for the first time in the cafeteria.

I think I already told you that, didn't I?

Well yeah, Zayn was the new volunteer, and he was handing out lunch to everyone today, topping it off with that beautiful smile of his.

The different thing about Zayn was, that unlike the other volunteers, Zayn looked like he actually enjoyed helping us, and he never once pitied us. He eyes showed pride. Like he was proud of us for being so strong.

I had never talked to Zayn, but I could already deduce the way he felt about us all. It was sort of a gift I had. Observing people. And I was mostly always right.

This was the third day Zayn had been working here, and the third day I had been sitting here, picking at my fries, watching him like a stalker.

Of course I could never talk to him-- never mind that fact that I literally can't-- but I can't even maintain eye contact when he hands me my lunch. I just nod and hide my face in my hoodie.

I'm pathetic.

And Zayn? He everything but.

Louis Tomlinson-- my best friend here and the only person I geniunely feel comfortable telling everything to-- always made fun of me, saying I was chicken and he could see the heart eyes I made at Zayn. I'll tell you more about the adorable idiot I call my best friend a bit later.

I was bitter hen my mum and my asshole of a stepfather had dumped me here, in a hostel for disabled children, making me more aware of my cripple than I had even been.

My mum was a lawyer, she was a busy, single, working woman, and never paid attention to me. I always felt like I was a burden on her, the deaf and mute son, and she always favored my older brother.

Only my dad was my best friend, who always understood me, treated me like a normal kid, and never let mom send me to a hostel.

But then a few years ago, my dad had passed away, and then my mother had re-married after my father's death. My step father, a class-A SOB, convinced my mother I would be better off with more people who were like me.

I'd always been bitter about my so called parents tossing me in this place, but after I met Louis, and now sort-of met Zayn, it doesn't really feel that bad.