20.

I was better now, as compared to how I was feeling about an hour ago.

Almost bordering on the edge of suicidal.

I hated how I instantly let my emotions get to my head so much, instead of learning to control them. But that's what makes me, me, I guess, as Louis says.

And speaking of Louis, my kind-hearted, understanding best friend, he was having a great time with his family.

I was sat with Louis at his family's table, who didn't mind me at all and were really nice people, and Louis' sister seemed to take a liking to me and kept asking me questions through the note app on her phone (as she was just learning sign language) and I answered likewise.

Like Louis had promised, there was lots of chocolate fudge cake, and I was sharing a large piece with Louis while he conversed with his mother.

Lottie nudged me with a smile, and I looked up to meet her blue eyes that were identical to her brother's. She passed me her phone.

How old are you?  The note read.

I typed back sixteen, same as you and returned it to her. Louis had told me all about his sisters who he loved very much. And Louis was surely enjoying today, he looked so happy, an ear-splitting grin on his face as his mother gave him a fond hair ruffle. And he deserved it all.

I sighed wistfully at that, and prodded at my cake. I boredly cast a gaze around at all my hostel-mates having fun with their families, and then my heart skipped a beat as I saw Zayn.

He was restacking cupcakes on the long white-clothed confecrionary table from a tray he was holding, looking gorgeous in a waiter outfit, his hair up in a quiff today, and of course, his black rimmed hipster glasses.

Zayn then disappeared back inside, possibly to run another errand, as I dismissed the thought of approaching him to say hi. He was already too busy.

When before, I had had an almost breakdown, I was hoping for Zayn to find and comfort me. It was scary how I wanted to tell him everything about myself, how I already trusted him even though he hadn't given me a reason to. Yes, it saddens me, that Zayn didn't even know how much I trust him.

Taking a bite of my cake, I looked around again, at the boys in the waiter uniform to spot Zayn again, but my eyes met with another waiter's as my hand clenched around my fork, instantly losing the little bit of apetite I had just gained after seeing Zayn.

Curly was waiting at this party as well, oh joy. I followed Curly's movements with narrowed eyes, and as if he had known I was watching him, he walked over to Zayn who was holding yet abother tray of food, and said something to him, making him laugh heartily and punch Curly's shoulder playfully.

I threw my fork back on the plate with a loud clatter, pushing my chair back as I resolutely stood up.

I was going to say hi to Zayn. And I don't give a fuck if Curly's there too.

[ooh narry fight over zaynie's love. xD vote, comment? ily <3]