2| Pain

Ryuhee woke up at the buzzing of her alarm clock. She quickly dressed up, not getting the time to have her breakfast, running late already.

"I slept in," she said to her secretary and told her to organise things as much as she could. She reached her law firm late. The clients were waiting already.

"Hey Ryu, slept well last night?" The voice sang. Ryuhee was always bad at noticing details. But for some reason she recognised that voice at once.

She looked behind. "Didn't expect to see you here," he said in the same tone. "Kim Taehyung, right?" He let out a dry chuckle at her question.

He was wearing a suit that day unlike last night. There should not have been any hint of being an irresponsible punk in his appearance because of his outfit.

But it still somehow had. He managed to look even more irritating to her than last night. Ryuhee started, "First of all, you can not call me Ryu." He raised one eyebrow at that. Crouching down to her level, he spoke,

"Then what do you want me to call you?" He said, his eyes into hers. He took the lesson well. "You don't have to call me anything. Because we will never meet again after today." He was about to say something again.

"Uh—" she did not let him speak, "I am not finished yet. Secondly you will not use your cheapstake jokes on me. I don't know the reason for you to come here. But this is my firm. And you can not stay here if I don't want you to." He started to say something again but got cut off again by Ryuhee,

"And thirdly you will not interrupt me when I am talking. Now you may go." He was suddenly expressionless. The cocky smile disappeared from his face. We kept glaring at each other.

"Lawyer Kang," it was Jung Hoseok. He was a regular client of this farm. "How are you, Mr. Jung?" Ryuhee formally asked. "I am good. What about you?" He asked her back.

"I am not doing so good because of a particular person," she said throwing a quick glance at Taehyung. He laughed at that. "My friend can be really annoying at times," he remarked.

"Your friend?" She asked, not quite understanding it. "Mr. Kim, He is my friend and business partner," he stated, "I guess you two already met."

"Yes. No need for introductions anymore," she said not wanting to waste any more time on Taehyung.

"Don't you want to know why I came with your client, sweetheart?" It was Taehyung's voice. Ryuhee was forced to once again look at him. "Don't you dare—" he showed his hand and cut her off.

"I am still talking." He leaned closer. "People don't like to be interrupted when they are talking, you know," he tried to copy her words, mimicking her.

Ryuhee scoffed at him. The first expression she ever showed in front of him. He straightened himself and started,

"Mr. Jung had brought me along with him saying Ms. Kang is a good lawyer and he is your regular. But I did not know that you were Ms. Kang. I am not saying that I wouldn't come if I knew it" he smirked saying that,

"Still I did not. And it does matter since you think that I am a stalker and I might not have anything better to do." He grinned. She waited for him to continue,

"You see, I can stalk people even though I am not a stalker but only them who I find interesting enough and that list has only one till now." Taehyung blinked after finishing.

"What?" She asked keeping a poker face. "You want me to repeat all these?" He said chuckling, finding it funny. "You might as well record it and send it to me. But I will still not understand," she made her point clear.

"Uhm," Mr. Jung cleared his throat, "I am sorry Lawyer Kang for bringing an unknown person without asking you."

"You don't need to be—"

"Sorry for bringing your deadly attractive friend," he completed her sentence wrongly. "I can't work with him," she said to Mr. Jung.

"I will behave," Taehyung said raising his hands—his eyes mocking, his lips twitched to hold back his smile.

Ryuhee shook her head and went to her cabin. "What about the recent one?" She asked Mr. Jung. Taehyung's eyes were on her the whole time she was talking to his friend.

"Hoseok," Taehyung suddenly called him. A smirk plastered on his sculpted face. "Yeah?" He asked. "Can you please order americano for me?" He requested.

"I will order for both of you," Ryuhee offered. "No, It's okay. I can do it," Mr. Jung said and got outside of the room to make a call.

As soon as he left the room, Taehyung got up and took steps towards Ryuhee. She waited to see his next action, curiosity kept her mouth shut. He would not dare to do anything reckless here.

Taehyung spun her chair to make her turn fully to face him. Ryuhee kept her eyes on him, firmly. He leaned toward her. Both of them did not say a word.

"You did not move away," he breathed. "Did you want me to?" She asked him back. He snickered, looking away. "What do you want?" She asked him again, honestly this time.

Taehyung stopped laughing. His eyes got suddenly serious. "So we have a little boyfie," he said, his expression completely incomprehensible.

"You do, too?" Ryuhee interpreted his words literally. "You are messing with the wrong person," he said, looking straight into her eyes.

"You started it," she replied. "It's done," Mr. Jung said coming inside. Taehyung straightened himself and gave him a smile. "Thanks," his smile seemed the most pretentious thing in this world.

Apparently they both had some work to do with a lawyer since they were working together on a project as business partners.

Ryuhee agreed to take their case since Mr. Jung Hoseok was an old client of hers. But she was sure that the new guy in town was going to be a pain.

__________

Don't forget to vote please.

How was the chapter?