3| Unhappy

"Two spoons of soy sauce," Ryuhee instructed Jimin while watching a cooking video and Jimin acted as her avatar to make their lunch.

"I swear we should have gone to a restaurant or perhaps have a delivery or something," he rambled. She snuggled onto his back. "But it's more fun cooking," she said smiling.

"Had a bad day at work?" He asked her but it sounded more like an assumption. He seemed to find out about Taehyung. "How do you know?" She made him turn to face her.

Jimin removed his cooking gloves before turning the stove off. He cupped her face. "Who made you upset?"

"First tell me if you are an astrologer or what? How do you know these things?" He let out a laugh before picking her up, making her sit on the kitchen counter.

He leaned towards her. "I can read you inside out," he said, looking into her eyes, as if he was searching for something. He paused before saying, "Besides you were smiling too much."

The female hit his chest. "Don't you dare make fun of my acting," she warned him, pouting. He laughed beautifully and leaned in more to kiss her. The microwave beeped.

"You need to get back to what you were doing," Ryuhee said, smiling between the kisses. He pouted but went back to cooking anyway.

Ryuhee sat on a couch on her balcony. She stared at the peaceful dark sky wearing stars as jewellery. The moon was not visible to her which made her sad.

She could be defined as a pretty unhappy person. People would say that she made herself like this. There were people in her school who wanted to be her friends. But she never let anybody invade her life.

Until Jimin came. He changed her life. He understood her so well that at times she used to get spooked. I started to become happy.

"I don't know. Is your favourite colour green?" Ryuhee saw Taehyung hovering over the reception counter. Was he always so tall?

She just reached at her office. And the first person she saw was Taehyung. The receptionist was swooning over him. She also got as close to Taehyung as she could, having the counter to block her. He was making his territory at her firm.

"Why are you so early?" Ryuhee asked him, not really wondering about it. "I had nothing to do," he answered turning towards her.

"Where is Mr. Jung?" She asked him again. He kept staring at her for a while, blinking his eyes for multiple times.

"By the way, how long are you and that Park guy going out?" He asked totally ignoring her question. She could swear that he had not learnt anything about ethics or basic manners.

"3 months," the receptionist answered cheerfully as if she had to get full marks on that examination. "Kara." Ryuhee glared at her, uttering her name.

Taehyung glanced at her. "Thanks." He winked and she blushed before looking down shyly. "90 days are not that long," he said and smirked. "What do you know Mr. one night stands-er?" She remarked.

"Woah! Don't comment anything before knowing. You will get hurt if you are proven wrong sweetpea," he muttered, leaning closer. His eyes were brown colored. She noticed the detail as if it was something of actual importance.

Her mind went blank at the sudden closeness. "Shut it," she managed to say and he let out a laugh. They finished their meeting. Mr. Jung came on time. Meanwhile Taehyung was sitting outside. She had forbade him to come in her cabin before Mr. Jung came.

Ryuhee was escorting them outside after their meeting had finished. Suddenly Taehyung lighted a cigarette. She pulled the cigarette out of his mouth.

"This is a non smoking zone. You can not smoke here," she warned him. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Give it back," he said. His eyes held nothing. "I don't wish to hold it. I will give it back only if you don't smoke in front of my office."

"Aww, are you worried about me princess?" He bent to get closer to her face. "You have something with smoking right? You want to quit too but you can't," Ryuhee could not help saying this suddenly realising the change in his behaviour after she had asked him to stop.

"Rubbish," he remarked. "Mr. Kim, would you—" Ryuhee interrupted Mr. Jung, "Did you get poked on your soft spot, Mr. Kim Taehyung?" She enunciated each syllable of his name.

He shook his head and made his way out. She watched him going. "Don't mind him," Mr. Jung said, before following him out. She put out the cigarette and thought about what just happened.

She was engulfed in music which was going right into her brain through her headset. The sudden transformation of Taehyung from goofiness to absolutely expressionless was bothering her.

This was why she did not like to engage with others. I probably should not have brought up the reason for Taehyung's smoking. At least I for one am not in the position to judge someone.

"Should I apologize?" She considered in between listening to the ear bursting rock music. She could not be completely sure but there was definitely something wrong with her.

Taehyung did not come to the firm for the next few days and she forced herself to not care. Perhaps it was for the best.

--0--

Vote for the chapter please~

Please leave your opinions on the book.