21| Voice

Ryuhee did not waste a second in her attempts to reopen the case. She visited the court regularly, asking help from all kinds of her connections. But none of them were sure that they could bring the mighty Kim Kihyung back to Korea.

She was busy arranging the reports and paperwork of such an old case. Just then, she got a call. Her forehead creased upon seeing her ex-boyfriend's name flashing on the screen of her phone.

Ryuhee naturally ignored it, focusing on her work again. "Don't you think ignoring me already is a little too―"

She looked up to see Jimin who trailed off, meeting her eyes. He felt a tug in his chest, looking at his ex-girlfriend who had gotten much paler and skinnier than the last time, he had seen her.

"You can't intrude like that!" The receptionist was behind Jimin, trying to stop him from getting into their lawyer's office. "I have something important to discuss with Lawyer Kang, about the case of 2000."

Ryuhee's eyes widened, understanding at once of what Jimin was talking about. Her mother died in that year. "Let him be," she ordered the receptionist bringing a smirk on Jimin's face.

"What do you want to tell me?" Ryuhee asked, standing up as soon as the receptionist was gone. "Lee Reeahn's murder case-I can help you to reopen it," Jimin spoke with no kind of emotion in his eyes.

"What do I have to do in return?" The female questioned, knowing that nothing came free of cost. Jimin let out a chuckle, sitting on her desk. "Come on, Kang Ryuhee. It's for old times' sake."

Ryuhee took a deep breath before speaking, "You are a businessman, Park Jimin. I know you won't do anything for anybody just as an act of kindness." Jimin shook his head.

"No, never, not for anybody." He leaned closer to her, examining her facial features. "But it's for you. You are not 'just' anybody, you know?"

Ryuhee could not say anything. She was not going to let herself to get swayed by another guy like him. Jimin placed a card in front of her on the desk.

"My business partner, Mr. Yoon Bomin. His father was a judge in the supreme court. My one call to him will reopen the case and Kim Kihyung will be forced to come to Korea."

Jimin's words were not enough to convince Ryuhee. She was still working hard with other lawyers she knew. But as Jimin said, the case was reopened and Ryuhee was called regarding to it, asking her to act as the support of the prosecutor.

"Hello, I am Kang Ryuhee. The daughter of the victim and your support for the case." She stretched out her hand for the prosecutor to shake. He took it before introducing himself. "I am prosecutor Kim Namjoon. I hope to bring justice to you and your mother."

Namjoon's lips spread into a small muscle, causing his facial muscle to split into two revealing a dimple on either side of his cheeks. Ryuhee also flashed a chivalrous smile to not look so stiff.

Together they started to work on the case. Kim Kihyung, Taehyung's father was called to Seoul in the meantime. Taehyung did not even step outside of his house.

He was unable to differentiate between wrong and right. He did not know how to fix it or where he had made a mistake that was making him feel so miserably helpless at that time.

Taehyung poured a drink in his glass. It was already his sixth bottle that night. Alcohol was probably the one thing which was keeping him from going insane.

He did not know how to go back to Ryuhee or talk to her. But one thing that he knew was-I want to see her.

Taehyung looked outside the window. The grey night sky was covered with clouds, threatening to rain anytime. He would like it if it rained. The rhythmical melody of the raindrops falling against the ground and the sweet earthy scent after it got over might soothe the throbbing pain in his chest.

I want to hear her voice.

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

This moment will pass too. I know it's quite depressing but I still think Ryuhee deserves justice.