10| Ending

JAE

"I have come to pick up my girlfriend."

Taehyung's hand balled into a fist hearing how Jimin referred to her. It was not a lie. But for some unknown reason it did not sound good to him.

"Lawyer Kang is having breakfast with me right now. It is her first meal after last night. So she should finish it. You can join us too if you want to." He referred to her respectfully mostly because of the urge to make her eat the meal fully.

"It is getting cold. Hurry up if any of you want to eat." Ryuhee nonchalantly said while gobbling up some ramyeon.

Jimin awkwardly sat on the chair. He did not eat anything. He just kept staring at Ryuhee. Taehyung pursed his lips and scratched the back of his nape. Then he took a seat beside Ryuhee and fed himself a spoonful of ramyeon.

"Ugh! Hot!" Taehyung whined and put the spoon on the bowl again. He took out a packet of cigarettes and kept it on the table.

"Oh are you going to blow these now?" Ryuhee asked with a roll of eyes.

"No." Taehyung shrugged. "My pocket felt stuffy. So—"

"Put it away." Ryuhee demanded.

Jimin glanced at his girlfriend. She being worried about a guy's smoking habits who she had known for just a few days, definitely infuriated him. But he chose to keep quiet.

"Why?" Taehyung questioned her. Ryuhee shook her head and stood up.

"I can't eat like this." She left Taehyung's house without letting him utter one word. Jimin followed her from behind.

Ryuhee made herself seated in Jimin's car. Jimin got into the driving seat. He gave Ryuhee one look before starting to drive. The whole car ride was silent until Jimin decided to drop the pin.

He gently took her hand in his and kissed the back of it. Jimin mumbled against her skin, "I missed you."

Ryuhee stared at him blankly. She did not pull her hand away from him. But she still had a lot to settle.

Jimin kept their hands down on her lap. He was still holding her hand. Ryuhee was tired. She shifted her gaze out of the window. She felt the intense sunlight at the time of afternoon glowing her skin. She seemed to smile a little. But the sense of touch of Jimin's skin was not going away.

What's going on with me? She thought to herself before briefly glancing at Jimin. No. I can't fall out of love with him. It's just impossible.

"You must be tired," Jimin said after getting into her apartment. Ryuhee shook her head while slipping out of her sneakers. "I am okay. I just need some food."

"Alright. I will order something right now. What do you want to eat?"

Ryuhee took a seat on a couch. "Jimin," she shrugged, "I really think that I could use some alone time today."

"Yeah. I will cancel all of your appointments for the day."

"No. Not that." Ryuhee pursed her lips. Jimin was definitely making it harder for her. "I meant alone." She looked into his dark brown eyes which tried to prevent the words that was about to come out of her mouth. "I think you should go."

"Ryu― I―" Jimin kneeled in front of her.

"No Jimin." Ryuhee ran her hand through her hair. "You let me go with a stranger last night."

"Ryu, I was clueless. You seemed to be comfortable with him and―"

"Jimin, for the sake of goodness, I was traumatized at that time," her voice raised, "You know very well that I grew up without my mother. I know that damned Taehyung would not be able to hurt me in any way but I could never leave you alone if I saw you so vulnerable like I was!"

"Babe, please try to listen to me."

"I will." Ryuhee nodded. "We have a lot to talk about but not today." She averted her eyes. "I will call you."

They were motionless in their individual states for a while. No one said a word.

"If you―" Jimin took a deep breath, "want me to leave, I will respect your decision." With that he opened the door and left.

What are you doing, Kang Ryuhee? Stop him! Right now! Ask him to stay.

But she could not. Instead she broke into tears― the tears she was holding on for a long time.

_____

Vote for the chapter please.

Update after how long? Months? I really don't remember the last time I updated. But thanks for reading if anyone is. I love you the most!! ❤️