27| Apology

"Let's go back. It's easier to bring moon for you than this," Taehyung was repeating this sentence like a broken record. Ryuhee breathed out a deep sigh. "Don't be unreasonable, Taehyung. We are already here. We also talked about this."

Taehyung's eyes widened, playing the video in his mind of what could happen once he entered into the police station to meet his father. "It's impossible. I am going back with or without you."

Ryuhee hurriedly grabbed his arm. "Please? For me?" She tried her best to convince Taehyung. He shook his head like a child. "What even am I gonna say?"

The female held both of his arm to make him fully face her. Staring deep into his eyes, she spoke up, "You are gonna tell him how much you love him—the things he threw away by acting selfish—the things you have always wanted to say to him. Open up your heart and spill it in front of him. That's the only way for you to move on and be happy."

His dark brown eyes started welling up. Standing on her tiptoes, Ryuhee pressed her lips on his to place a soft kiss on his curvey lips. She reached up to slowly caress his face. "I am sorry for reacting like that when I first got to know that Kim Kihyung is your dad."

She looked down. "I didn't even try to understand that it wasn't your fault that your father is a murderer and you knew nothing about that. I am sorry for distancing myself from you, behaving like every other important person in your life. I am sorry for—"

Taehyung leaned in to connect their lips, kissing her, interrupting her words. Ryuhee kissed him back immediately. She could taste his tears in between the kisses. Her eyes were also glistened.

The kiss was full of love and emotions, a kiss like they had never shared before—a kiss of acceptance after knowing everything—a kiss resembling the promise between them that they were yet to make.

Taehyung broke the kiss, before resting his forehead on hers. He held the side of her face and looked directly into her eyes. "I love you," he breathed, causing Ryuhee to get taken aback. She did not expect it at all.

"I should be the one to say sorry that I was so immature, childish and blinded my father's lies that I could not stay beside you when you needed me the most. I am sorry, Ryuhee. I promise that I will make it up to you."

The female smiled—ear to ear—expressing purely happiness. "Then go and talk to your dad. I am waiting for you."

Ryuhee was pacing outside the police station, waiting for Taehyung. After he had come outside, he was oddly quiet. Ryuhee wanted to ask him how it went but then felt like he wouldn't have answered her anything.

He was replying only to the questions, she was directly asking him. Taehyung did not say another word except that. The female was actually tensed at this point, worrying if she had done something wrong, sending him to talk to his father.

They went to a restaurant to get lunch. Taehyung just ordered a bowl of galbitang. But he was not even having it. He just kept twirling the spoon inside the bowl.

"Let's get married."

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

Who do you think proposed to whom? What do you think will happen now? Thank you for still reading this book. I love you all so much! ❤️❤️