16| Eyes

"He slept with one of my classmates from uni," Taehyung muttered, indicating the elderly person with grey hair on his head. "How did he get to know your classmate?" Ryuhee questioned, not being able to understand the connection between someone from his university and a guest in his mother's wedding.

"He was a professor there," the male casually replied with a 'duh' expression on his face, gradually noticing that Ryuhee was not that much bright as a lawyer should be and the impression she had given off on their first meet.

The wedding ceremony had not started yet and the party would have been pretty boring if Taehyung had not been constantly gossiping about the guests with his date Ryuhee.

The female was wearing a lavender coloured dress with a tint of purple here and there. It was an off shoulder dress with a flower and a ribbon on it's waistline that stopped above her knees in the front. The length of the dress gradually increased towards the back. It had multiple layers starting from the waist.

Her hair was tied up into a bun with loose strands adorning her forehead and the sides of her face. She was wearing glassmade rose shaped earrings and a matching pendant.

Taehyung was wearing a black colored suit with a white shirt underneath. His hair was slicked back revealing his gorgeous forehead. Both were clearly turning a lot of heads towards them.

"You see the man yelling at the waiter?" He whispered to Ryuhee whose eyes busily started to find whom Taehyung was talking about. The female nodded after getting the job done.

"He is mom's ex." Her eyes widened, visualising the awkwardness between them after they would meet each other there. "Ex-husband?"

"No." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. Who would marry this old hag. "Just a fling." Ryuhee watched the man creating a scene out of nothing. "Why is he here then?" Ruining everyone's mood for no reason.

The wedding was much bigger than she had expected. There was a variety of guests, naturally needing a huge hall. "He is Mr. Jeon's special acquaintance. You know-" He made an air quote with his fingers while saying, "The groom's guest."

"Lawyer Kang?" Ryuhee heard a slight familiar voice calling him. She turned around to face him. "Mr. Jeon?" Her lips curved upwards into a smile as she stretched her hand out to shake his. "How come you are here?"

Jungkook mirrored her smile as he spoke, "I should ask you that since it's my dad's wedding." Ryuhee's jaw dropped. Why did I never think of that? Taehyung was looking at Jungkook with a scowl. He was not liking their interactions at all.

Who is this guy again?

"What are the chances?" She let out a giggle. "Do you remember him?" Ryuhee smacked his upper arms a few times. "I was dancing with Mr. Jeon before he got changed with you in the party," she reminded Taehyung about that dance when she had gone to a party replacing Jimin.

"You can call me Jungkook," he offered, perking up, "You are at a family function so I don't want us to act like strangers anymore. Is it okay if I call you by your first name?"

A vein popped up on Taehyung's forehead, watching Jungkook's overly friendliness. Before Ryuhee could reply, the annoyed male beside her spoke up, "And you can call me Taehyung." He forced a smile which was vividly pretentious.

"Oh, Mr. Kim, I didn't see you there." Lie―Taehyung thought, scoffing. "But where is Jimin?" Jungkook asked Ryuhee, suddenly realising that he was the source for their conversation in the first place.

Ryuhee awkwardly glanced sideways at the mention of his ex-boyfriend. Taehyung was about to say something but got halted when Jimin came into his sight, linking arm with a girl.

He abruptly stood in front of Ryuhee to block her vision. "Why are you acting weird?" She asked at once.

"Uh―I―" Taehyung trailed off, rubbing the back of his nape. Jungkook looked around to see what Taehyung was hiding and then his eyes landed on his friend.

"Jimin!" He strolled towards him to give him a hug. "Long time, man!" Jungkook was slow to notice that the girl beside Jimin should have been the one with whom he was talking to, Ryuhee.

Taehyung let out an exasperated sigh, seeing the look on Ryuhee's face when she saw Jimin already hanging around with another girl. I am no one to complain though. She believed that she was doing the same thing with Taehyung. Then why does it hurt so fucking much?

Jungkook also realized the situation and hurriedly led Jimin and his date to a corner so that it would not get more uncomfortable than it already was.

"Don't make those eyes." Ryuhee looked at Taehyung to see him shaking his head slowly. "Not for a jerk like him."

Ryuhee's eyes were welling up again―tears threatening to come out any moment. She bit down on her bottom lip to prevent herself from crying and ruining her perfect make-up.

"Make those eyes for me and I promise that you will never have to feel like this again."

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

A confession? I bet you didn't see this coming, right?