20| Weakness

After Taehyung had left for his office, Ryuhee started to feel even lonelier in his house. It was odd how she felt so claustrophobic in such a huge place.

The walls were so far from each other that it made her feel that she was in a small cramped box. To shake this feelings off, Ryuhee started to rummage around his things to keep herself busy.

With a slight limp, she paced around corridors, suddenly spotting something she found interesting. A photo album. An uninvited smile crept up on her lips while watching Taehyung's childhood photos.

Ms. Na Mirae. She thought, seeing Taehyung's mother's photo when her son was a baby. Or should I say Mrs. Jeon Mirae? She was so young and beautiful. Ryuhee felt bad for not being able greet her on her wedding.

She flipped the page to find a photo of Taehyung with a older man. Her eyes widened, seeing the familiar face which she could never forget. Kim Kihyung?

The photo album dropped on the floor from her hand with a loud thud. Why is this man's picture here? Her jaw was hanging. Tears pricking her eyes, getting the flashback of him smirking years ago when he won the case.

The man in the picture, carrying Taehyung was the very man who ran his car over Ryuhee's mother. He was not proved guilty at the court as his lawyer had forged his report of being drunk at the time.

Ryuhee brought herself together to take her phone in his hand. She googled about the information of the Kim industry and their company head over the years.

The current company head was the father of the current CEO Kim Taehyung, named Kim Kihyung. She could not take it anymore, calling Taehyung to come home as soon as possible. She needed to clear this with him.

"Couldn't stay without me for even a couple of hours, huh?" Taehyung said with a smug expression, cocking his head to the side as he locked the door behind him.

The resemblance between him and his father was only a little. Taehyung looked mostly like his mother. But only the little similarity with his father managed to creep her out.

"Is this your father?" Ryuhee held up the photo she had found. "Yeah, it's dad. Why?" He took it from her hand. "Did something happened?" Taehyung was genuinely worried at this point.

Ryuhee's eyes held nothing but anger and hatred, being bloodshot from crying the whole time. "He is a murder," she spoke calmly before bursting out, "He murdered my mom!"

Ryuhee plopped on the floor in front of him, feeling weak in her knees. Her legs had totally given in. "My innocent, strong, bright mom!" She cried out, "She never knew to give up before your father took her life away and she stopped breathing!"

Taehyung was too taken aback to speak. Ryuhee was yelling her lungs out, crying like a little child whose favourite toy just got snatched. He had a really strong personality who seemed to have his likes, dislikes, his choices clear in front of him.

But he had one weakness and that was his father who did the bare minimum to raise him when his mother was busy with her career. Taehyung definitely was wrong, supporting his father at such a time like this.

But it was too sudden for him. Deep inside he also was actually a little child. A teardrop rolled out of his eye as he got broken out of his trance, getting down on the floor in front of the female.

"Ryuhee." He cupped her cheeks to make her look at him. "I am sure you are getting mistaken, my dad can't even hurt a fly. We both will look into this matter and―"

Ryuhee moved away from his touch, gazing at him with an incredulous look. "I am sure it must have been fun for you when he returned home late that night to find you still awake, waiting for him and patted your head with his hands, soaked in my mother's blood."

With that, she left Taehyung still on the floor. She went outside his house and called for a cab, limping.

Her depressing apartment felt like a much better choice at that time than the house of her mother's murderer.

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

Taehyung's smoking habit is coming back again, you guys. Ik he's wrong. But I just feel so bad for him.