23| Deceived

Slamming her backpack down on the floor, Ryuhee dumped herself on the bed. "You will never know what love is." She took a pillow in her hand and stuffed her face in it.

"What does he know?" She yelled, sobbing already. After her mother had died, Ryuhee spent her whole life alone. The housekeepers used to take care of her but none of their foods tasted like her mother's.

She howled dolefully. "How did he dare to mock me like that?" The more she cried, the more the flashbacks from that night came to her mind―the night they were together.

The extremely short period of time that they spent together was the happiest time for both of them. "How dare he, mom?" She hugged the pillow tightly, soaking in the little bit of warmth it was radiating.

"Why did you leave me alone, mom?" Ryuhee looked up at the ceiling. "Look how messed up I am, right now! Crying for the man who defended your murderer―who is so stupid and blind in his father's love that he can't even see that he is a criminal!"

She tried to calm herself, squeezing her eyes shut. Why are you such a dimwit, Kim Taehyung?

The next trial was about to be held after a week. Ryuhee and Namjoon were up all day―all night, these days to gather information and evidences.

They got a lead on a employee of the hospital which had made the false report of Kim Kihyung's physical state. "Buy two get one free!" The monotonous tone of the elderly person was buzzing as they were now in Guryong in search for that person.

If not for this case, Ryuhee would have never known that this kind of place existed in Seoul. The indistinct musty odour, flowing from no one knew where and the excessive amount of noise was making her head hurt.

They were going door to door to ask for the employee named Bae Seojung. "Excuse me," Namjoon politely asked, sweating profusely in this overpopulated area, "Is this the house of Mr. Bae Seojung?"

The woman grimaced at the mention of her husband. "Somebody is here to see you," she informed, not replying to Namjoon directly. A feeble person was soon in front of the door. "What do you need from me?"

"The murder case of 2000-you were in charge of the forensic reports, weren't you?" The old man glanced around, not being able to believe it. "Don't tell me, you are that little girl!" He tried to confirm the doubt he had since he had seen her in front of his house.

Ryuhee slowly nodded as the person dropped on his knees. Namjoon supported him. "That man! Kim Kihyung! He had threatened me that he would have taken my job if I hadn't forged the report! So I did! But he still made me fired because I knew about it!"

Ryuhee's eyes widened, getting to know something, she had never expected. Namjoon spoke up, seeing her so shook like that, "You can take your revenge now," he assured, "The case is reopened now. You just have to testify against that man and tell the court, the truth as it is."

Bae Seojung incredulously looked at him. "The case got reopened?" Namjoon nodded. "Kang Ryuhee will come and pick you up tomorrow. I will be at the court as the prosecutor," he continued to convince him in which he was eventually successful.

A man at a little distance from them, took out his phone and dialed a number. He pressed the phone to his ear before muttering, "They managed to find an employee who is ready to testify."

"What?" Another man exclaimed from the other side. "You know what you have to do right?" He commanded. "Of course, boss."

Kim Kihyung hung up, being frustrated. He had never known that they would have been able to find the employee. He had thought it would have been an easy win. But the sudden obstacle made his nose flare.

It would not last for long, though as he had already sent his men to get the job done before the trial next day. "Kang Ryuhee," he furiously took the girl's name whose age was around of his own son.

________

Vote for the chapter please!

What do you think will happen next? I really wanna know your options! I am kinda excited tbh! I hope I can write the book fully this time!