29| Engagement

"I heard my son is shopping for an engagement ring."

They had purposely avoided Taehyung's mother's mall but still she managed to find them by getting the news from a salesman of this shop who was also Taehyung's mother's—Na Mirae's fan.

"I swear, I didn't tell her," Ryuhee hurriedly spoke, fearing if she might also be forced to call her father. "Yes and I am upset because of that."

Mirae walked towards Ryuhee, inspecting her features. "Such a gorgeous lady. May I know your name?" The brunette was a little flustered, realising that Taehyung's mother could not remember her.

Taehyung was totally frustrated at that point. "Mom, we will be fine on our own." Mirae cut him off, "Wait, I remember. You are that model with whom I saw my son's news with. What was the name? Yes! Chae Mihae!"

Ryuhee's lips parted. Her jaw left hanging. How can she see someone's news with Taehyung when he was with me for the past couple of months and also he kissed me at her wedding. If someone should be rumoured with him, it should be me.

"Mom, can you be a doll and listen to me for once?"

She actually paused, looking at her son. "She is Kang Ryuhee, the lawyer you met last time and gave her an invitation card to your wedding as my plus one and also the same person, I danced with and kissed at your wedding."

Her eyes beamed. "I knew you have good choice just like me. She is so pretty and better than any model and the daughter of Lee industries with whom you were flirting at my wedding."

Once again, Ryuhee fell silent. She was getting extremely uncomfortable with the topic of Taehyung with other girls. "Mom," Taehyung gritted his teeth. "That was because of your sister. She made me do it."

This time, Ryuhee spoke up, "You could have just said no then." Taehyung's eyes widened, attempting to defend himself. "You are the one who forced me to go!" Ryuhee's eyes wavered. "I didn't actually tell you to flirt with her."

"Okay!" Mirae interrupted, "Enough of lovers' quarrel." Taehyung scoffed internally. You were the one who ignited it. "I came here to give you two a little something."

She took out a small square purple box out of her purse and handed it to Taehyung. "Open it." The male did as he was told. In the inside of the box, there was a ring, on top of which sat a sapphire stone, surrounded with little diamonds.

"It's my mother's engagement ring. She had given it to me when you were born." Mirae caressed her son's face. "It's so pretty," Ryuhee felt her eyes glistening, wondering if she deserved so much love.

"Go ahead and put it on her finger."

Taehyung got on one knee in front of Ryuhee. Mirae secretly used her phone to record it. "I know I'm obnoxious and the exact character you hate. I used to goof around with girls, lie to them that I have feelings for them, smoke a lot.

But I am ready to abandon all these habits, only if I have you. The way, you wanted to be my family, I will be your family. I promise you to remind you everyday how much loved you are.

I promise you to love you till the very end. Will you marry me?"

Ryuhee broke into tears. She nodded, still crying. Taehyung smiled, taking her hand into his. He put the ring on her fourth finger as the sign of their engagement.

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

I love to see Taehyung maturing everyday. Look forward to next chapter?