Chapter Eleven

Flynn takes my hand in his and they swing back and forth as we walk down the long palace hall towards a set of French doors that leads outside. Flynn planned the whole date and told me not to worry about it; just to know that it would be outside. He has a wicker basket in his other hand. Both sides of the lid are folded closed so I can't see inside of it even though I'm sure we're going on a picnic.

"Thank you for inviting me to whatever this could be," I say. He chuckles and he drops his grip on my hand. He slides his arm around my back. I put one hand around his back and the other around the front of his body, joining them together sort of like I'm hugging him from the side.

"Well, thank you for accompanying me on our date," he says. Part of me can't help but giggle. When it escapes my lips I feel heat rush into my cheeks. Flynn looks at me and plants a kiss only cheek. My cheeks were probably a shade of dark pink but I get the feeling they have changed to scarlet red.

When we reach the end of the hall, a guard opens the door for us. Flynn nods in appreciation. When we step out, a large field of grass stretches out in front of us, stopping at the wall that keeps us in and the outside out. A tall hedge blocks off the view of the gardens on the left. On our right, you can see the circular driveway in front of the palace. Several large willow trees blow together in a beautiful dance with their long, flexible branches.

"This is beautiful," I say under my breath. Flynn gives me a caring smile before taking my hand in his again. He rushes off towards a cluster of the willow trees, pulling me behind him. The spot is so deserted and calm that it seems to add even more beauty. I've never really had an interest coming outside in this area. Every time I've come out here was for some kind of public event where it's been packed. I normally just go outside to the gardens.

"I was going for unique. Do you think this made the cut?" Flynn asks as he opens the basket. He pulls out a plaid, red and white blanket and lays it out in the ground. I smile and nod.

"I don't know. I've had several really good dates. Like that one time where the guy took me out to the gardens and tried to murder me," I joke. He chuckles as he lowers himself onto the blanket. I sit down next to him and sticks my legs out in front of me, the floral day dress I'm wearing only reaching my knees. I slide off my blush colored heels and and my sit my bare feet in the grass.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to try harder next time," he says. He pulls several contianers out of the basket. One has various types of fruit in it, another has chicken salad, a food that is delicious but I am normally deprived of, and another with red, beige, and green pasta noodles covered in a clear sauce with spices.

"This looks delicious," I comment. He chuckles as he puts a serving of the container contents on to a plate and hands it to me. He quickly does the same for himself and pours each of us a glass of a yellow liquid from a silver thermos. When both of have been served, he snakes his right arm behind my back.

"Well, I tryied really hard. . . to pick out the best dishes the palace chef can make for a picnic," he says. We both laugh. I take a bite of my chicken salad sandwitch. We sit in silence for a long time, both of us enjoying our lunch, and before we know it both of us have finished our lunches. He puts both of our plates in the basket and we fall back onto the blanket, snuggled up together.

"So. . . How long is your family staying?" I ask just to make conversation. His eyes move from the clear, blue sky above us to my eyes. The hazel beams impel my lighter ones. The corners of his lips curl up into a smile.

"Do you mean how long my mother is stayinng?" he asks. I advert my eyes from him while biting my lips. He chuckles a little. "Well, she is leaving in two days. I'm actually glad you brought this up, though, because I want to talk about Quinn, Teegan, and Coen. They want to stay here a little longer. I think Quinn might have even said something about moving here," he says. My eyes move back to his.

"Well, if you are asking if I think it is a good idea, I believe yes, it would be. I really want to get to know your siblings better. Plus, Charles and Coen have became really close. It's been kind of hard to find them seperated over the last few days," I reply. One side of his lips curl up making a half smile.

"Well good, because I thought the same," he says. His arms tighten around me and squeeze me close to him. Our bodies are pressed together out in the late Februaury sun. My face is buried in his neck and it causes me to want to freeze this moment in time and live it everyday for the rest of my life.

This is a little shorter than usual. I thought about adding a start for the next chapter to kind of tell you all what is going to happen next but I just didn't want to ruin what I had here. I think I might start a little more drama next chapter... I'm also really sorry that this update is late! I just haven't felt like writing lately. So... Your comments and votes always brighten my day so please leave them!

I don't normally add pictures but I really wanted to add Celia's outfit or at least how I imagined her outfit in this chapter. There was a bracelet and ring that I wanted to as well but I was having a really hard time cropping the pictures since I was using my phone so I just added what's there. The shoes and necklace are a little rough around the edges... Literally...

Disclaimer: There are a lot of things that I am not. Included in these things, is being Kiera Cass. So, if I am not Kiera Cass I don't own The Selection.