Chapter Forty One

Flynn P.O.V.

"It's your turn," Charles whispers. I look up and nod. I crawl out of the vent and walk over to Celia's body. A tear falls down my cheek as I observe her condition. I take her hand in mine. It's ice cold.

"Celia, don't leave me," I tell her body. A tear slips down my cheek and lands on her cheek. I reach over and wipe it away, saddened that there are tears on her cheek. I sit down on the bed and wrap my hands tighter around hers, hoping that some of the warmth will return.

"You can't go out like this. You have a lot of life left to live, Celia," I whisper. I stop talking for a few minutes. This is where she would say something. . . I'm not sure what, though. Celia is always spontaneous so she would probably say something sarcastic.

"I'm not sure if you can hear me or not. You made me watch that movie once about the girl who was in the coma and could hear and see what was going on, but I'm not sure what the truth is. . . I kind of doubt you can hear me but if you can, everything I'm saying is the truth," I tell her. I take a deep breath before continuing.

"You know that I thought I was in love once. You know that I was forced to not be with her. . . But it happened for a reason. It happened so I can find you. I didn't realize that when I first got here and I never thought that it would mean anything to you if I kept it a secret. . . but I did when I found out about the kiss," I say. I look away from her and at the wall next to the door, afraid that if I might not be able to say everything I need to say if I look at her.

"I felt like while it was a little kiss that was a one time thing, you kept it a secret because you felt something. Never did I think it was because you were trying to protect me. . . And it makes me really upset that you're here, laying in this bed in a coma because I felt like you were in love with my brother instead of me," I say. I take a deep breath before continuing.

"And when you wake up — And yes I said when, because I know you'll never leave your parents or brother and me — this will all be behind us. I know it will because we both know now that there are more important things in life than focusing on a silly little kiss. Everyone makes mistakes and that is one of yours," I say. I look back at her face. A few hairs on her face and I push them out of it.

"I know you remember the words we once said. It's those words you'll have to say eventually if you want to be with someone you love for the rest of your life. In sickness and in health. You're my wife and even if they took that ring off your finger, I still love you," I tell her. A few tears fall out of my eyes. I look back at the vent. No one is watching and I'm thankful. This is between us, not anyone else.

"I'm sorry that I can't stay longer. If it were up to me I would stay by your side the entire time I'm here. If it were up to me, I would be in that bed. Well, actually, if it were up to me neither of us would be here because one of us has to deal with the pain of possibly losing the other. The point is, I am here for you even if I'm not here. So, remember that I love you and that I am doing everything I can to get you better," I say. I look down at the floor, take a deep breath, and then back at her.

"You are going to come back to me, Celia. I promise you that you will be back to your normal self. You are not going to die in this hospital," I declare. I lean over and kiss her lips. Unlike her hands, they have their normal warmth. They're still sweet and still cause me to want more.

I look up at the clock. It's 20 minutes after when I came in here. We need to go back. There's a chance someone could come in here and find. Someone might come looking for us, saying that you can't walk that long in a hospital. It pains me to do this but I still stand up. I still walk over to the vent. . . And I still leave Celia behind.

We crawl though the tunnels, making all the same turns we took to get there. As we crawl, everyone is silent. I assume that they're doing the same thing as me: thinking about what we're leaving behind. Her cold hands. Her pale skin.

I take a deep breath but it comes out as a sob. Astra, who is right in front of me, turns and looks at me. Another sob comes out of me and this time, I loose my balance, my chest falling down onto the metal floor. A loud noise crashes from under me as I cry.

"Flynn, come on. We need to keep moving," Astra says. I nod but can't force myself up. I hear someone moving and suddenly Astra's face is right next to mine.

"It hurts leaving her there," I say. She picks up my chin so I will look at her and she nods.

"I know it does, Flynn. . . But someone has to be strong for her. . . And that is us. You're her husband and best friend. It's most important that you stay strong," she says. I nod, take a deep breath, and try to pull myself back together. We move on again in silence.

When we finally reach the end of the vent leading out to where the vending machines are, Charles puts his hand back to tell us not to come. "Is there someone in there?" Emily whispers. He nods.

"My parents. . . Wait, I think they're leaving," Charles whispers back. We all nod in response. After a few more minutes, he gives us a thumbs up.

"They left a few minutes ago, we're good," he says. He moves forward and take the cover off the vent. He, Emily, and Astra each climb out. As I stick my head through, King Maxon and Queen America walk through.

"I never realized crawling through the vents of the hospital were your definition of taking a walk," King Maxon says with a smirk.

Well, that just happened... Sorry if what Flynn said didn't all meet. I started crying when I wrote this and had to get up and calm myself... I was going to post this late tonight but I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer... Please comment and vote!!!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass was the one who plucked your heart cords with The Selection, I just did that with this Fanfic.