Epilogue #3

By the way, I want to inform you that I had to copy and paste this and when I did, there were some formatting problems and some words had joined together to be one. I believe I fixed them all but there might still be some problems so I apologize. 

"King Flynn, you need to go stop that terrible noise." He moans and rolls over in the bed. He looks over at the door to the nursery where the noise is coming from.

"Can you go get it, Celia? Pretty please?" he asks. I shake my head and roll over in bed so I am facing away from him. The sounds of crying get louder.

"No.I am sleeping," I tell him. I make a fake snoring noise to show him how asleep I am. His hand moves to my side and he flips me around so I am looking at him.

"Well,I am certain I got up with her last time," he says. I look over at the clock and roll my eyes.

"Unless she has gotten up and cried in the last hour and a half, no you didn't," I tell him. He moans and sits up. He stares at the door before for several minutes before saying anything else.

"I thought we had a nanny," he says. I gasp and slap him on his arm.He mumbles an ow and rubs the spot that I hit.

"We're not making her get up at three in the morning to take care of our own flesh and blood," I tell him before sliding my feet out of bed and putting them in my slippers. I slip on my robe and move towards the nursery.

"I hate it when you use that against me!" Flynn says. He slides his feet out from under the covers. I walk through the door to the nursery. Ash is still in her cradle. Her face is red and fresh tears stream down it. I pick her up in my arms and walk over to the changing table.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask. I wipe some of the tears off her face. This is unusual for her. Normally, Ash will only cry once during the night.It was more than that when we first brought her home, but now that she is seven months old it hasn't been a problem.

I take off her pajamas and diaper to find it empty. This is the second time tonight she has woke up crying only to find an empty diaper. I put a new diaper on her and put her pajamas back on her. I carry her over to the rocking chair and rock her in my arms.

She puts her head on my shoulders. Her forehead touches a piece of bare skin. I almost jump at the sudden warmth. I put my head to her forehead to find it to be way warmer than it should be. I stand up and carry her into our bedroom. Flynn looks at me strangely as I sit down next to him on the bed.

"Feel her forehead," I tell him. He knits his eyebrows together but stills feels it. He puts his hand on her forehead. He gasps a few seconds later.

"Celia,we need to get the doctor," he says. I nod and point to the bathroom.

"He won't come at this time of night. Can you get the thermometer from the bathroom?" I ask. He nods and briskly walks to the door. He emerges a few minutes later with the thermometer in his hand. He gives it to me and I put in Ash's mouth. After battling her to keep it in, it finally beeps. I pull it out and look at it.

"103.4,"I report. Flynn gasps and rubs circles in Ash's back.

"It looks like someone has caught her first virus," he says. I nod and hand her to him.

"I'm going to go see if I can find some medicine for her in the bathroom,"he nods. I stand up and walk into our bathroom. I open the cabinet where all of our medicines are kept.

After digging through pills that she will never be able to swallow, I find a bottle in the bottle in the back labeled Cold Medicine. I pick it up to see that it is liquid. I say a silent thank you to whoever put it there and look on the back for how much Ash needs. I pour it out into a measuring cup that was in the cabinet.

I walk back into the bedroom where Flynn is mumbling, "It's okay, Ash. We're gonna getcha all better." I smile and walk over next to him. He nods to the cup.

"It'scold medicine. I'm not exactly sure if she has a cold but this was all I could find that was liquid and took care of her fever. . . It's also grape flavor," I explain. He nods.

"I'd say that is is most likely a cold. It's also good that it's grape flavor. The orange flavor is nasty. Do you want me to hold her while you pour?" he asks. I nod.

"Yeah.And let me be the one who gets bitten," I joke. He cracks a smile but I can still see how worried he is. His eyes are filled with concern for his only child. He holds her straight up. I quickly open her mouth and pour the liquid into it. She cries as she swallows it but all still goes down.

After a few minutes, she calms down and starts to fall asleep in Flynn's arm. Once she is sound asleep, he looks up at me. "Should I take her to her room?" he whispers. I smile and shake my head.

"Nah,she can stay in her with us," I whisper back. He nods and puts her in the middle of the bed. He climbs into the bed and I climb in on the other side. We lay there for several minutes just staring at her.

"I hope she is okay," Flynn says. I nod.

"I think she will be. She has the world's best father," I tell him. He smiles.

"I better not let your father here that," he jokes. I laugh and shake my head.

"It'll be our little secret," I tell him. He smiles at me.

"She has the best mother ever, by the way," he says. I smile.

"Then I think she'll be fine," I say before we both drift to sleep. 

I really enjoyed writing this. Like, it was supposed to be posted yesterday but oh well. I just really enjoyed seeing Flynn and Celia as parents and seeing how concerned they were about their daughter. I have one more epilogue and then information about the sequel so hold tight until tomorrow!

Disclaimer: I feel the need to stalk Kiera Cass because she owns The Selection and I don't.