Chapter Forty Three

Flynn P.O.V.

As the car pulls up to the hospital, King Maxon and I both swing our doors open and get out before the car has even stopped moving. We quickly run inside and get on an elevator to the fourth floor. Once we get there, we quickly weave around doctors and nurses in the hallway.

"Maxon!" a voice says as we finally make it to the waiting room. King Maxon lets out a sigh and runs over to his wife. She has a tissue in her hand, wiping away tears. King Maxon wraps in a hug and they stand there like that for several minutes.

"Um, Queen America, why were we in such a rush to get here?" I ask once they finally get here. She shrugs and wipes her eyes again. Her reaction make me scared. When there are tears it is natural to assume the worst. Especially when you're in a hospital.

"I'm not sure what is going on but they said there was something important going on and they figured the two of you would want to be here," she says. I nod even though all I can think about is the possibility of them letting her go. That there might not be a Celia Ann Shreave Stephens.

"Well, let's go see what is going on, then," King Maxon says. He takes Queen America's hand and leads us to the nurse's station. The nurse there seems annoyed but she finally gets up to go find the doctor. When she finally comes back, he is trailing behind her.

"King Maxon, Queen America, Prince Flynn," he greets us with a handshake. Part of me wants to be relieved that he didn't bow but I ignore that part of me since there is so much at stake.

"We were told to by one of your nurses that you wanted to see us as soon as possible. Is there something wrong?" Queen America asks. The doctor shows no sign of a response. Instead, he just points down the hallway where Celia's room is located.

"I want you all to come with me to her room. I feel like it would be better if we spoke there," the doctor says. It takes everything inside of me not to roll my eyes or give an annoyed sigh. I know I'm not the only as well. Both King Maxon and Queen America have annoyed looks on their face.

He begins walking down the long hallway. While in most hospitals the hallway is brightly lit and the doors are wide open, it is the opposite here. I guess that's the way it is in the ICU, though. There is very little light in the hallway which I think has something to do with the traveling of germs. All of the doors are closed and there are no windows to look inside. All there is to identify the patient is the little name tag outside.

He stops at the door with the number 16 on it. Below the number Celia's full name is wrote out in a neat print. He opens the door and motions for us to go in. Celia's room is completely different than yesterday when we broke in. The room is full of life. Nurses are reading screens and taking vitals.

"Doctor Schdmit, what is going on here?" he asks. The doctor nods towards Celia.

"Earlier we were looking over her vitals and such and noticed a change. On one of the sheets that tracks her breathing the amount of breaths she took was higher than that of someone who needed the breathing machine. Her heart beats have also became steadier," the doctor reports. I look over at the King and Queen hoping they understand but the looks on their faces indicate that they don't.

"So, are you trying to say that she no longer needs the breathing machine?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks over at Celia and the nurses gathered around her.

"Oh no, she needs the breathing machine as long as possible. You can't risk taking that away from a patient in such a critical position as she is in," the doctor replies. I shake my head.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask, shaking my head little to add dramatic effect.

"I'm saying that we might think Princess Celia is out of her coma," he replies. All three of us take in a sharp breath. I look over at the bed. Celia's body is still laying there sleeping. Queen America hugs King Maxon again only this time there are smiles on both of their faces.

"So can we stay in here with her now?" King Maxon asks. The doctor looks at a paper on the counter like it would tell him the answer.

"We normally say that you can after the patient is out of their coma. So you can stay in here. She most likely won't be responsive for several days, though. I would suggest coming in here as little as possible and maybe keeping everyone else out until we get her into a regular room," he explains. We all nod.

"Would it be okay if we went over and saw her?" Queen America asks. The doctor nods.

"Just don't mess with anything," he says. We all walk over to her. Her parents walk on her right side and I go on her left. Nurses still work around us but we don't appear to be in their way. I take Celia's hand in mine. While it is still cold, it is warmer than it was the last time I held it.

"Thank you for staying," I whisper before planting a kiss on her hand.

This was... This was like an intense chapter to write. I started writing it and just couldn't stop... This was the last chapter so stay tuned for not one, but at least three epilogues because I couldn't pick just one idea... And news about the sequelish spin off story. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: For one of the final times of this story, Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.