Chapter Thirty Three

I run after Flynn as he walks down the hallway with a fast pace. I step in front of him and put my hands on his chest. "Calm down, Flynn," I offer. He shakes his head and pushes past me.

 "Celia, you can't tell me what to do," he says as he continues to walk down the hall. I manage to keep pace with him but it is difficult due to his speed and the shoes on my feet. When I hurt my ankle, I couldn't wear heals and now that I am not on crutches, I must wear heels constantly. They almost feel foreign after being in ballet flats for so long.

"Flynn, I'm just trying to keep you from doing something you'll regret. I don't want you to hurt someone else because you're mad at me," I say in beat to the click of our shoes. At the stop of the stairs to the third floor, he turns to look at me.

"You think I'm mad at just you?" he asks. I look to the sides like the answer should be there before nodding. "Of course you do. Why wouldn't it? Everything revolves around you, doesn't it Princess Celia?" he says. I gasp.

"No it does not! You're mad at me because I kept a secret from you!" I spit back at him. He shakes his head and bounds down the steps. I fall behind him, though, due to having to go slow down the steps in order to avoid another hurt ankle.

When I reach the bottom of the staircase, he has already reached the hallway where his siblings are staying. I run towards the door he is slamming his fists on but I am too late. I'm just reaching the first door as he barges into the last door on the hallway.

I pick up my speed and hurry to the door that I assume is Coen's. When I reach the door he went into, I see Flynn standing over Coen. One foot is on one side of his head while the other is on the opposite side of his head. He is bent down so they are face to face.

"Why did you kiss her?" Flynn roars at the body on the ground. Coen flinches a little.

"Dude, it was just a kiss. Why are you taking it so seriously?" Coen questions. Flynn holds his hand back to smack him but then I assume he thinks he through because he lowers it back down to his side.

"Because it was apparently important enough for the two of you to keep it a secret. And, if your memory is working correctly, you would remember that little talk we had before you came to stay here," Flynn says. I run into the room to where they are standing.

"Flynn, stop. You need to stay calm. We can work this out civilly," I say. He shakes his head.

"We could have worked this out civilly a week ago when I got home," he says. I step towards them a little more and hold out my hands.

"Just calm down. It was a little simple kiss. It didn't last more than a few seconds," I say, trying to calm down his temper that I've never seen before. His hazel eyes almost seem to have turn red and are flickering like a flame, threatening to destroy anything they touch.

"It was just a kiss, Celia? Then why didn't you tell me?" he asks in a voice that sounds both strong and willing to kill but also hurt and gentle.

"Dude, suck it up and take it like a man. I kissed your wife," Coen says. Flynn reaches down and smacks him across the face. I step forward a little more so that my outreaches hands touch Flynn's chest.

"Flynn, calm down or I am going to go get a guard," I say. Flynn looks at me for a few minutes without saying anything. The silence almost feels like it is choking me.

"Fine, go get your guards. I don't care anymore," he says. He steps away from Coen and begins to move towards the door. I look down at Coen before following after him.

We are almost at that door when Coen says, "You don't have to follow him, you know. You are free to do what you wish." We both turn to look at him.

"I know I can. And that's why I'm following him," I say. I turn to follow Flynn back out the door but he walks further into the room again.

"What? Do you want her to stay here with you, Coen? Do you want her to stay so you can get a few more kisses and keep them a secret from me?"Flynn asks. Coen stands up and walks over towards Flynn.

"I was just making sure she knew that she wasn't your slave! That she has a choice as to what she does!" Coen replies. Flynn whispers something that I can't hear and then Coen pounces on top of him. They fall to the ground, fists flying and feet kicking in the air. I slowly back up into the hallway in time to see a guard walking by to do his rounds.

"Hey! Come here!" I yell at him. He walks over to me with a quick pace. When he meets me, I point into the room. He gasps and quickly runs in to break up the brothers wrestling in the floor. He leaves me in the hallway to wonder: Did I really make the right decision? 

Um, I want to move on but I also don't want to go on because I feel like I would be moving things too quick. I also am unsure of what to write here so yeah... Comment and vote!

Please follow me on Instagram! I know I've asked that a couple times but I just want to remind you all that I am on there and that my username is Finnchellove.wattpad .

Disclaimer: You know that confusing writing at the beginning of The Selection novels? Well, they all say that Kiera Cass owns the Selection and not me.