Chapter Forty Two

Flynn P.O.V.

"Can we ask what you guys were doing in there?" Queen America asks with an eyebrow raised. Prince Charles looks back at the vent with a confused look on his face.

"Do think we did something terrible?" Charles asks. Both of his parents nod. "We went to Narnia. . . We saved people and became royalty there and everything," Charles says. It takes everything inside me not to laugh at the terrible excuse or roll my eyes at how easily he gave us away.

"I'm sure you were. . . Now why don't we go to your third kingdom?" Queen America says.

"What third kingdom?" Charles asks, a little excitement in his voice.

"Your room. You four are all going back to the palace," King Maxon says. We all release aggravated breaths and follow King Maxon and Queen America out of the room.

§§§

"Prince Flynn, you do understand why we had to bring you back here, right?" King Maxon asks as we walk into a library so we can get caught up on work that has been neglected. I nod and sit down at a desk piled with papers.

"I do. . . But I just don't see why it is so terrible that I go see her. I'm her husband. Doesn't that mean something?" I ask. He nods as he sits down.

"I understand what you mean perfectly. If Queen America was put in the hospital in a coma I would want to see her, but you also need to remember that the hospital is doing what is best for her. They aren't doing it to be mean, Prince Flynn," he says. I nod and pull a paper from the stack.

"Would you be able to remember that, though? Would you think about how her needs are more important than your desire to see her?" I ask. He shakes his head and reaches for a paper of his own.

"I most likely would not and I definitely wouldn't have when I was your age," he says. I nod.

"So, you understand where I'm coming from?" I ask. He nods.

"I do. . ." he says. We turn back to our papers. While he would easily be scribbling down notes and highlighting things he just read slowly and clicks his pen. "Can I tell you something?" King Maxon says in a tone I am unfamiliar with.

"Sure," I answer. He clicks his pen and puts it down on the paper.

"You know, I thought I've lost Celia before. It's surreal that we're loosing her again," King Maxon says. I knit my eyebrows together.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm not really sure I can explain it. . . We thought Celia was dead 18 years ago. I can't believe I have to go through it again," King Maxon says. I nod.

"I understand, I guess. . . But doesn't that kind of mean that she is a fighter and that she can overcome the unexpected?" I ask. He shrugs.

"When you think about Celia you definitely think about her being a fighter. I mean, when has she ever gone down without a fight? Celia also is. . . easily crushed. She won't let you know it but everything anything that is said about her gets to her," he says. I nod but still give him a confused look.

"But how does that determine whether or not she lives?" I ask.

"You would think it wouldn't matter what kind of personality she has. It's the same way you wouldn't think being depressed or happy determines your lifestyle. She can choose if she wants to stay or go," he says. I nod.

"I just hope Celia does choose to fight it and doesn't think she's broken," I think aloud. He nods.

"Because when Celia thinks something is broken she thinks it's nearly impossible to fix," he finishes. I nod. We sit in silence for several more minutes, neither of us sure what to say. I almost go back to working on papers but it feels inappropriate.

Suddenly, the doors to the library burst open. A guard stands there, his face pink and covered with sweat like he has ran all the way here. King Maxon stands and walks over to him. I stand and watch from my spot. "What is it?" King Maxon asks. The guard takes a couple more deep breaths before answering.

"Queen America called. . . There has been a change. You both are needed at the hospital immediately," he says.

You guys, sorry that this took me so long to write especially when it was so short. I was about to post it last night. I literally only had three sentences left to write and my mom made me turn off my computer and go to sleep. So, really sorry. Please comment and vote! :D

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection... I own a copy of the books and the rights of being a fangirl.