Epilogue #4

The sounds of squeals flow into the door to the Women's room. Then, the sounds of feet slapping the floor follow. I shake my head and look over at my mother. "There stampedes are coming," I say. She smiles. The doors to the Women's room swings open and three children run in.

"Grandma!"they yell. Ash is the first over to her. She has more than a few inches on her younger siblings, since she is four years older than them.

"Hi,Ash, boys," she says with a smile. The boys wrap their arms around her. Bennet is the first of the boys to make it to her. Cayson is just behind him. While they are identical twins with matching red hair and hazel eyes, Bennet is just a little taller than Cayson and Cayson is a little rounder than Bennet.

"You aren't supposed to be in here," Ash tells them, sticking her tongue out at them. They look over at me with pleading eyes. Ash has always enjoyed picking on them. The women's room is no exception.

"You two are fine. Ash, you know that we have gone over this. Until they get a little older and more independent they are allowed in here,"I tell her. She sits down on the couch and sighs.

"I'm sorry mom, I am just trying to prepare for when I am queen and they are stuck outside on the cold, hard ground," she says. I gasp and shake my head.

"Ash!You apologize to your brothers right now!" I tell her. She sighs.Lately, the fact that Ash is going to be queen has gotten stuck in her head. I understand that it would go to anyone's head, especially an eight year old's, but she has been 'training' to be queen a lot lately.

"I'm sorry, doofuses," she mumbles. I raise my eyebrows and she sighs."Sorry," she sighs. My mother smiles and reaches over to put her hand on her leg.

"Ash,it's fine. Everyone makes mistakes. You just need to remember that there is more to being queen than bossing people around. Queens should be kind and considerate, remembering the needs of her people,not her own," my mother says. I smile and shake my head.

"Of course you would tell an eight year old that," I tell her. She smiles at me.

"I had to tell you the same," she says. I smile and shake my head.

"I'm afraid I don't remember that," I tell her.

"It's because you were four," she says. I open my mouth to respond but a knock on the door stops me. I stand up and walk over. Even though I know who it is, I'm still going to have to give him a hard time.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's your father! And I demand entrance!" he yells. I can hear the humor in his voice. It makes me smile and I giggle a little.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that! We're having private, female things going on in here," I say. He laughs.

"But Bennet and Cayson got to come in!" my father says. I shake my head and shrug even though he can't see me.

"I guess that's too bad! You'll have to find another route in here!" I yell. I hear him sigh dramatically and his foot steps move quickly down the hallway. I walk back over to my seat. My mother smiles.

"You know your father will find a way in here, right?" she asks. I nod.

"Let him," I tell her. She smiles. Cayson looks at me and walks over tome. He crawls up and my lap.

"Was that grandpa?" he asks. I nod.

"It was, but I told him to go away because you are too sweet for him,"I tell him. He giggles. Bennet walks over and looks up at me.

"But I want to see grandpa!" he protests. I tickle his stomach.

"I guess you will just have to wait for the picnic," I tell him. He sighs. Today is Charles's and his wife's anniversary. Just five years ago, they were married. So, to celebrate we are having a picnic at the palace.

"But I want to see him now!" he says. I shake my head.

"I think he left," I tell him. He gives me one more angry sigh before walking over to the couch and climbing up. He sits there with his arms crossed.

§§§

"Well,I think Flynn's new law is a great idea. He has had-" my mothersays. She stops when a pie hits the window of the Women's room. Istand up and walk over to the window. When I look out, there is noone out there except the guards.

"What in the world?" I mumble under my breath. A few minutes later, three pies hit the doors. I gasp and walk over with my mother. We open the doors to see my father and Flynn holding pie tins full of whip cream and several bottles of whip cream.

"Let us in or prepare for a whip cream shower," my father says. I shake my head.

"You are trashing the palace because I won't let you into the Women's room?" I ask. He nods.

"There is an easy solution: allow me to see my daughter and grandkids and all pies will be forgotten," he says. I look over at Flynn.

"And how about you?" I ask. He just shrugs.

"I just wanted an excuse to spray you with whip cream," he says. He drops his pie tins and pulls out a bottle of whip cream. I grab my mothers hand, run back into the Women's room, and close the doors.Ash, Bennet, and Cayson sit there staring at us. We hide behind chairs.

A few seconds later, I hear the doors slam open. "Where are they?"my father asks. I can see all three of my children pointing to our hiding spots. I hear them walking around and in just a few minutes,Flynn is looking down at me.

"If I get a kiss I won't spray you," he says. I raise an eyebrow.

"That' sa nice offer, but I'm afraid I must object," I tell him. He shakes his head and points his bottle of whip cream at me.

"That' sa shame," he says before pulling the trigger and allowing me to be covered in white cream. I giggle as he does so. This is my life; and it is a fairy tale come true.

So, first of all: formatting. It is terrible because I have to copy and paste because of problems with my internet so, yeah. Next, I think this was a good closing epilogue for this story. I am really sad for Celia and Flynn's story to be over, but I guess it is what has to happen. There will be a sequel and if you give me about ten minutes, I will be getting you information on that. :) Thank you all so much for reading! I love each and every one of you.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns Maxon and America and Eadlyn and every other character in The Selection, I do not.