2. Jealous

Unedited

A week had passed since school had resumed. And during that week a new student had arrived. Fiona hadn't seen her yet because the new student who she'd learnt was a girl was supposedly a science student. From the rumours which she heard, although she didn't hear them intentionally, the girl was pretty and she was Yoruba too. Fiona was ecstatic to meet her, even if she wasn't the most extroverted person in the world, she still loved to meet new people.

So during break, with Amaka whose arms were linked in hers walked over the new girl. Just like the rumours had said, she was pretty and tall too. Her chocolate complexion glistened under the sun and it just added to her beauty. But they're wall was cut short when they saw kelechi walk up to the new girl. His mouth put in a full blown smile. He looked extremely happy and Fiona felt her heart constrict in pain. He had never smiled that way to her in her whole entire life of knowing her. The new girl said something which earned a laugh from kelechi and Fiona felt sad, jealous even.

As if sensing it Amaka tugged at her arm and forced her to turn away from the two people. She didn't miss the hug he gave her which lingered for a long time. She frowned deeply, what did the girl have that she didn't?.

"Hey, forget about him" Amaka whispered in her friends ear.

How could she? This was the guy she had a crush on since jss1, it wasn't easy at all. But she didn't want to feel sad, she didn't want to feel jealous or angry because she knew what those two emotions were capable of causing. It could even tarnish her image and her parents would be highly disappointed in her. She offered a small smile to her and fished out a 'Goldchoco' chocolate bar from her small fanny pack which she wore only during break periods.

She tore the nylon and took her first bite earning a small moan from her. She knew why she had to eat alot of chocolates and Amaka wondered why but she just couldn't tell her. She dug her slender fingers into the fanny pack and offered Amaka another bar of chocolate which she collected with a huge smile. Fiona's parents had asked the owner of RBC to give her a weekly supply of chocolate so that she would add small weight. The founder of RBC had a chocolate factory and decided to do it once she found the reason why they had asked for such thing. So therefore Fiona was always supplied with a weekly sum of chocolate.

They spent their time talking about other things which included their future lives and the universities they would love to attend.

"Patriotic or not, I really don't want to school in Nigeria, even if it's the most expensive university here" Amaka stated stubbornly.

"So if you were to Nile or Base, you wouldn't go?" Fiona asked with raised eyebrows.

She shrugged. "I might sha, you know that's the opportunity some people would be looking for. So I'd go, besides school is school" Amaka stated with a small smile.

"Omo mass communication will really fit you ooo" Fiona exclaimed as they both burst into a fit of laughter.

"Acting movies will fit you too." Amaka said.

"I actually want to be a lawyer, the acting part would be like part-time. You know just like Mayorkun who's a lawyer and a musician too" Fiona explained and Amaka nodded her head in understanding.

"I really hope we stay together forever" Amaka said and Fiona frowned. She wished. She covered her frown immediately with a smile as she hugged her best friend.

"We will be together...-" she started

"Forever" Amaka finished and they laughed loudly earning weird looks from other students who had the audacity to look at them that way. She had completely forgotten about kelechi and the new girl.