11. The Best

Happy Sunday ❤️

Mr kunle finally got what he deserved. He was sacked from school and sentenced to seven years imprisonment. Amaka felt like it wasn't enough after she'd heard from Uduak that Edidiong tried to commit suicide. She survived but the baby had died. Uduak sobbed a great deal and Fiona and Amaka actually pitied the girl. Turns out the bully of the school was actually a soft girl who was going through alot on her own. But Amaka wasn't interested anyways. Right now they were both seated on the bleachers watching the basketball players as they practiced for the upcoming basketball match between Prestige college. Kelechi gulped a bottle of water and they coach blew his whistle. Fiona just watched, her focus solely on the handsome guy.

"He always has your attention." Amaka whispered in Fiona's ear. "We're having tests next week o. Don't let kelechi distract you" Amaka said teasingly.

Fiona hissed "between two of us, who gets distracted easily" Fiona asked as she placed her slender slim hands on her waist.

Amaka pouted. "You're so aggressive!" She complained and Fiona only laughed at how dramatic her best friend was.

"You're so dramatic" Fiona retorted and Amaka sighed dramatically. "Oh see, here comes Adam spaghetti and Farouk" Amaka said and Fiona only shook her head at the new nickname Amaka gave him.

"You know, he's not a spaghetti Sha. He has muscles o." Fiona said with a small smile.

Amaka laughed. "Muscle ke?. All I see is plastic bone" she said and they all laughed. Kelechi's eyes went over to where they were seated as he heard them laugh. He gritted his teeth, they were probably laughing at him he thought. His attention was solely on them that he didn't know when the ball just him fair and square on his head earning a groan from him.

Fiona's attention darted to the boy who held his head whilst he groaned in pain. Her face contorted in worry. Farouk and Adam had reached them but she hadn't noticed because she was looking at the boy. She had no idea when she stood up and moved over to him. He ignored her presence, the students there who had seen what had happened murmured to their selves as some laughed at his great misfortune.

She stepped closer to him and lifted her hands so that she could touch his head but he slapped it away earning an inaudible whimper from her. "Are you high or something. Or you're suffering from a kind of mental problem that doesn't allow you to mind your business?" Kelechi asked with a large drown gracing his handsome features.

Her heart broke and tears welled in her eyes. Her sickness had made her become over sensitive and this insult made her heart break into pieces. "Did I ever do something wrong to you?" she asked, her calm voice in a whisper.

Kelechi ignored her and walked away angrily leaving Fiona standing there like a stupid person. She inhaled and looked over to the bleachers and saw the faces that looked at her. Amaka and Farouk had a look of pure pity and sadness while Adam looked pissed off. She nodded her head in assurance telling Amaka that she was fine. She walked out of the basketball court, every zeal to watch it had left her entire being.

She walked to the school's garden. Her Fanny pack contained her chocolates but she couldn't bring herself to eat them. She was sad and pained and wondered why Kelechi hated her–its not like she ever stopped. She slumped on the bench, She had no idea why students didn't like the garden. Maybe it was because it had a lot of bugs on the grass which wasn't artificial or the flowers which attracted insects. Either ways to her, she seemed to be liking the environment because it was serene.

"Why do you like him?" She heard a voice say disrupting her from her reverie. She looked up and saw Adam who was now wearing a hoodie. His hands were in the pockets of his hoodie and he had a neutral expression on his face.