21. POV

Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim readers (that's if there is😁).

Unedited😣😣

Happy reading ✨✨✨

Amaka packed the last clothing into her box and zipped it. She slumped on her bed and held her head in her hands. She was happy, finally Friday had arrived and she was going to meet Fiona. She sighed heavily, her fingers trailing a picture of the the both of them. They were both in primary school, and it was their graduation. Fiona had a full blown smile while Amaka had a chicken thigh in her hands. Her smile was huge and anyone seeing that picture would think that her lips would tear due to how wide the smile was.

Fiona was glowing, even at a tender age, her fair skin glowed. Her hair was long and curly. It was one thing Amaka often envied her for. But now, now she was a shadow of herself. Her fair skin that always glowed now looked pale. Her hair, Amaka let out a sad laugh. It was gone, ages ago. And that smile, it was no where to be found.

"Senior Amaka!" A junior called snapping Amaka out of her reverie. She looked up at the junior.

"Miss Winifred said I should tell you that your parents are here to pick you." The junior said.

Amaka smiled and signalled for the junior to leave the room. She picked up her luggages and walked out of her room, then the hostel until she stopped in front of her mother's car. "Good evening mom." Amaka greeted whilst she prostrated.

Amaka's mum smiled. " Kedu?" Her mum spoke in their dialect.

Amaka groaned. Her mum knew that she couldn't speak her dialect and she always felt shy whenever she spoke her dialect. "I'm fine mum." She said and dropped her luggages into the boot of the car.

Her mum frowned. "Are you sure?" She asked. Forehead creased in worry.

"I'll be fine." She said before getting into the passenger seat of the car. Her mum got in after and soon they were on their way home.

Adam was already at the hospital keeping Fiona company. They were glancing through Adam's baby pictures and Fiona was a laughing mess. "God. How can you look so dangerous as a child?" She asked her laughter echoing through out the room.

Adam watched as she laughed heartily. "It's not like you haven't seen them before." Adam said, his lips set in a pout.

"I didn't see it well that time. Now, omo!" She laughed harder. It was a picture of him lying naked in the bathtub. "Uh oh!" She exclaimed dramatically as she used her fingers to cover her eyes.

"What?" Adam asked.

"You didn't tell me you had a naked picture in here!" Fiona shouted dramatically and Adam chuckled.

"Is that why you're shouting?" He asked, his left eyebrow crooked upwards.

"Ehen naw." She said. She removed her fingers from her eyes and closed the book.

Adam hissed and shook his head. "You're not serious."

Fiona yawned and gently took the album from her. "Sleep." He said, it sounded more like a demand.

"But I don't want to!" Fiona said childishly a yawn following after.

"But you have to." He said. He adjusted her petite body on the bed. Once her head had touched the pillow, she slept off. Adam watched her with a sad smile.

"You don't deserve this" he said quietly. He tucked her into the sheets, turned off the television and closed the curtains. "Bye for now." He said before leaving the room and then the hospital in general.