14. Loading

Have you been voting on the previous chapters? No? Why naw😕. Please vote and comment. Thank you Lwky_ess for all your comments ❤️. Thank you joshminy and _mariya96_ for all your votes🙏. Thank you mirabelominijei for always waiting for an update from me. It means alot to me honestly. Fiona loves you and so do I 😍.

Another hectic school week had arrived and their results had been posted on the notice board of each class. The subjects all Senior classes offered were posted on the notice board that was placed in the hallway. Fiona checked the mathematics section and frowned when she saw her name close to the number 5. Adam had gotten an overall score of 96 and Fiona nodded at how smart he was. He didn't even look it. Kelechi came second, Ayomide came third, Dumebi got fourth and finally she was the fifth.

Amaka placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "At least you got fifth. I got ninth." Amaka laughed and Fiona shook her head.

"Turns out spaghetti plastic bones is actually a massive nerd." Amaka spoke again as she laughed.

"You're also a nerd" Fiona retorted and Amaka pouted.

"A hot nerd you mean?" Amaka asked with a teasing smile.

"Yeah right" Fiona laughed. She checked the English section and she came first. Amaka got fourth instead of third because Kelechi and Adam had a tie score. 95.5. other subjects came along and Amaka got first in computer. Once they had checked their collective scored they walked back to their class. Everyone was talking about their career day that was coming and Fiona didn't feel like participating in it at all. She wasn't as ecstatic as the rest were.

"I'm just going to dress as a banker this year" Amaka said.

"Eh so that you'll flaunt that ass to the world" Fiona teased and Amaka flipped her off.

"What are you dressing as?" Amaka asked her.

"Nothing" Fiona shrugged.

"Don't even tell me you're not participating abeg. We need to make memories na, solid memories, it's our last year in secondary school" Amaka whined and Fiona sighed in defeat. She knew that what Amaka said had some sense in it. Besides she had only a short while to live so why not make it worth it.

"I'll just wear anything" Fiona finally decided after a short while.

"It's better than not participating at all."

"Yes yes. And it's all for you" Fiona said in a sing song voice.

The literature teacher walked into the class and everyone ran to their seats in order to prepare for the class. Once the class had settled she began her lectures. After a agonizing hour later a junior student walked into the class and told Amaka that the principal had asked to see her. Fiona looked at her with confusion and likewise Amaka.

"Did you do anything?" Fiona asked her as she escorted her best friend to the principal's office.

"Not that I know off. Ever since we handled Mr kunle I haven't met her face to face again" Amaka said. Worry lines etched on her face.

"Maybe she wants to award you or something?" Fiona shrugged and Amaka looked at her with a 'are you being serious right now' face. "Ok ok, I'm trying to think out of the box. I know you're a good girl."

Amaka sighed. " Wish me luck"

Fiona gave her a thumbs up. She watched her knock on the door and after she'd heard a response, she walked into the room. Fiona stayed seated on the waiting chair as she waited for her best friend. She felt liquid on her nose and she cleaned it aggressively not wanting anyone to notice her. She stood up and walked quickly to the school's clinic. There she met Nurse Rose who was filling a cabinet with drugs.