3. Earth

Because I felt like❤️. Thanks to DissoluteWriter and theofficialmariE7 for your constant votes and comments. Makes me feel loved lol!

Unedited

Kelechi knew that there was absolutely nothing he could do to change Mrs Adah's mind, even when he played the 'son of the principal' card, Mrs Adah wasn't in the least bothered.

"You should be happy a bright student like Fiona decided to lecture you. Unless you're willing to fail English then, you can tell her not to tutor you. Besides, it was your mother's idea anyways so I suggest you obey your mum and do what she has asked" Mrs Adah said sternly. Kelechi couldn't argue and walked out of her office with a great scowl on his face. He lashed out on any junior that got in his way. He was totally not in the mood at all.

Fiona on the other hand was bothered. She had no reason why but she just felt that way. She was low-key wishing he wasn't going to back down on the tutor lessons. She was more than happy to be Coaching her crush. Now the bell had been rung for prep and students were seen walking over to their classes in the house wear. For the girls it was a simple gown and each day had it's colours. The boys on the other hand wore a packet shirt depending on the day and the colour with black pants. Failure to do so attracted punishments from the teachers on duty.

Fiona did a countdown for the girls in the hostel who felt like they had the whole to to waste. She had notes to copy and forcing children to leave the hostel wasn't one thing she wanted to do. Soon all the students had left the hostel, with Amaka by her side- who was always on her best friends side anyways walked over the classroom. On arrival they say down together at the farthest part of the class, close to the windows.

They dived into their school works immediately. Kelechi on the other hand couldn't bring him self to walk over to Fiona. He picked up his English textbook, even if he hated the girl, he wasn't going to fail English because of the hatred he had for some girl. He walked into the class, most boarding ss3 students were either science students or commercial students. Pure art students were much so they weren't alot of people in the class. Out of 37 student on 19 were present in the class as boarders. Fiona hadn't noticed him but Amaka did and nudged her best friend on her shoulder.

"Look who came" Amaka whispered. Fiona lifted her head from her book and her eyes went wide.

"Do you think he's actually going to let me tutor him?" Fiona whispered as the watched kelechi near their desk.

"He better o. Receiving personal tutor lessons from an English guru like you is an achievement" Amaka hyped. Fiona laughed at what she said.

"You dey whine me?" Fiona asked with a small smile on her lips.

"Nah, I'm actually serious" Amaka said again before laughing. Kelechi stopped in front of their desk and cleared his throat earning the attention of the both girls. They both looked at him, no one saying anything.

"Seeing as I don't really have a choice, can we get this tutorial started now" he spoke dryly. Fiona knew he didn't want it, but he didn't have any choice.

"Yeah sure" she answered as she picked her English textbook and notebook from her bag.

"Amaka, we'll talk later." Fiona said before getting up from the desk. She turned towards him. "Are we having the lessons here?" She asked, a small smile playing on her lips. Kelechi hissed.

"Before nko?" She frowned. She led him to an empty desk, the students in the class just stared but once kelechi shot them a death glare, everyone minded their business. Amaka just watched, readying herself in case kelechi decided to trample on Fiona.

"So what topic?" Fiona asked nicely.

"Concord" he answered stiffly.

"O..Kay" she opened her textbook and searched for the topic Concord. Once she's found it she begun her explanations.

"So in a layman's definition, Concord just simply means when the subject of the sentence agrees with the verb" she said, her confidence level on a maximum. Kelechi just watched her, not saying anything but nodding at her words.

"Now take for example, the teachers are dancing. The subject of the sentence is the teachers and as you can see it's a plural, well, since it's a plural the verb must be a plural. If I said the teachers is dancing, it's completely wrong because obviously the verb doesn't agree with the sentence. my ears don't agree with it either" she joked hoping that kelechi would laugh but his lips were set in a thin line. She frowned, why was he always like this to her?

"I hope you're understanding?" She asked an eyebrow crooked upwards.

"Yeah" he uttered a curt reply. Before they knew it prep was over and their tutorials had to end.

"Just go over it again, and uh, are the tutorials everyday?" She asked playing with her fingers. Most of the students had left the classroom but Amaka had stayed for her best friend.

"God forbid" he scrunched his face in disgust. "You have no idea how I'm trying to endure this stuff. Well, your tutorials aren't the only things I have to do on Earth. So, it's just Mondays, Wednesdays and uh maybe Fridays" he said not waiting for Fiona's reply. She frowned deeply, he literally despised her. He truly hated her.

"Don't mind that idiot abeg, come let's go and see Ms Winifred, remember she has 'lemon' for us" Amaka said as she dragged her best friend out of the class. Amaka didn't like kelechi at all but she knew that her best friend liked him and she was really willing to endure his bullshit just because of her. They arrived at the hostel and made a bee line to ' aunty Winifred's' room. Ms Winifred was their matron and she took a particular liking to Fiona and Amaka. She often bought them things that they couldn't get in the school.

They knocked on her door and she didn't waste any time before opening it and handing a leather filled with lemon. Fiona grinned like a child who was given a huge lolipop. Amaka on the other hand was so happy, she actually loved the fruit so much even though it had a weird sour taste.

"Thanks alot Aunty Winifred" they chorused before walking to their rooms. The hostel had a total of twenty rooms, six people per room, meaning each student from a class was paired in the hostel. Amaka and Fiona weren't sharing a room but she often spent time there and vice versa. They got comfortable on Amaka's bed because they'd decided to spend their evening there. They washed the fruits and grimaced at how it slapped their gums.

"Goshh, it's so sourrr" Fiona whined as she licked a seed.

"Honestly, it's so sour God!" Amaka concurred. They ended up gisting and licking lemon. Fiona was happy she had someone like Amaka who had been by her side through thick and thin. She was extremely grateful, but she couldn't tell Amaka that she wasn't feeling too well, she just couldn't bring herself to do such a thing.

She sighed inwardly, she didn't know why life just had to get so hard. She made a mental promise to enjoy the time she had left. "But honestly eh, I honestly don't know what that guy thinks of himself" Amaka said. Fiona knew who she was referring to.

"I honestly don't know too, I just wonder why he hates me so much." Fiona said. Throwing the the remainder of the fruit she had licked into the dustbin.

"Let him continue hating, at the end now if he passes English, he'll be walking like one peacock" Amaka said angrily.

Fiona placed her arm on Amaka's" just forget about him abeg" Fiona said, she didn't want to dwell on him right now. Amaka nodded and they continued the conversation on another topic that didn't consist of Kelechi

_____________________,
Chapter 3 ✅✔️

Thoughts?
Voted?
Comments?

Show some love abeg!