5. Grace

Dedicated to diamond__rubies. Thank you for reading and commenting on every chapter. I swear I'm grateful ❤️.

Please share my story will you!

_______________________________________

The day was Friday and the next day was going to be the school's social night. The Head girl and Head boy accompanied with the social prefects boy and girl were all gathered in the hall. Some extra prefects decided to tag along.

"Ok so you're saying that there's no need to allow the Juniors perform their choreography?" Damilola the social prefect for girls asked as she noted some things on her jotter.

Adam shook his head. "No, let them save the choreography for the Christmas carols we'll be having at the end of the term" Adam answered.

Damilola nodded "makes sense. So it's just a series of games and dancing that'll commence during the socials yeah?"

This time Fiona answered "Yes."

"Well, it's our last time organizing any event though. The handover is next week on Wednesday. Finally I'll be free from all this wahala" Nasiru said earning small laughter's from everyone present.

"I actually like my post sha" Amaka said.

"Demote yourself then" Nasiru retorted earning a glare from Amaka. Fiona chuckled.

"I'm actually happy though, but it won't stop me from doing what I'm supposed to do. Especially Juniors who suffer in the hands of people like Uduak" Fiona spoke calmly.

"I honestly don't know what's with that girl, she's always bullying one junior or the other." Damilola said in disgust.

"Eh, I think she's just doing it to feel tough though. She even bullies some of our classmates. Don't you guys remember Dooshima who left the school because Uduak put pepper on her undies because she had refused to help her chest in an exam?" Amaka asked.

"How can we forget. She ran mad that day ba. I pitied her. I wonder how she wasn't expelled after that." Damilola said. The boys there paid no attention to what the girls were saying. Finally, Fiona spoke.

"Her parents begged the school, as in, her mum was shedding tears while she begged the principal"

"How'd you know?" Damilola asked.

"I saw her. Poor woman, she cried so much even I would pity her" Fiona said as if reliving the memory again. She couldn't even forget it, the principal had called her because she wanted her to get something from the clinic. Once she had arrived from the clinic, she stopped outside the door while she heard the cries of a woman. She peeped through the whole and saw Uduak with her mum who was crying like she'd lost someone.

"She's lucky she has an amazing parent. Some parents won't even beg. They'll just give you the beating of your life then drop you out of school themselves" Amaka said.

The both girls nodded in agreement. They heard the bell ring signalling that break periods was over. Everyone walked out of the dinning hall and moved straight to their classes. Adam and Fiona stayed to make sure they were no students littering the school now that break was over. Adam took that opportunity and spoke.

"I'm improving now, all thanks to you." He said with a grin.

Fiona scoffed. "Me, I rarely did anything." She said. They walked together to their classes.

"You've actually done much. You're a good teacher too" Adam complemented.

Fiona smiled. "Thanks Adam. See you later" she waved and walked towards the direction of her class. Adam stood and watched her leave.