13. Fishy

Late update 😕😕. Enjoy!

Tests had ended and today was Sunday. Every student prepared for the Sunday services. The students who were Catholics had already left the school and that included Amaka. The students left were those that attended Pentecostal churches. Fiona adjusted her black Sunday school dress as she stared at herself on the mirror that was placed close to the bathroom.

She sighed. Her collar bones were extremely prominent and she wished she could wear her turtle neck sweater but it was prohibited in the school and she didn't want to serve any punishments because she wanted to cover her collar bone. Her black Sunday dress consisted of a long sleeved hand and it was slim fitted. It hugged her petitet body making her feel self conscious. She hoped that Kelechi had gone with the rest of the Catholic student because the last thing that she'd want is to be looked at by Kelechi when she had this dress on. Maybe he'd look at her butt and ridicule her about it because she didn't have or maybe laugh at her chest because it wasn't large.

Miss Winifred announced that they should be leaving the hostel and each student walked out of the hostel with their Sunday wears. Fiona sighed loudly and left the mirror. She took her Sunday book and Bible, tied her head tie and walked out of the hostel into the  small bungalow the school had built for Sunday services. Fiona's eyes scanned the room and she heaved a sigh of relief when she didn't see Kelechi anywhere. She noticed that he seemed to change churches once in a while. Sometimes he attended the Catholic Church the other times he attended the Pentecostal church. She walked over to the middle row and sat down. After everyone had gotten comfortable the pastor walked into the church and service commenced.

"Now I want you to lay your hand on your head and command every infirmity which the devil has placed on you to disappear by the power of God" the pastor shouted. Everyone did as he said and Fiona just looked. Was her illness sent from the devil or was it just God. Either ways she placed her hand on her head and prayed to God to make her friends happy. She prayed and asked God to give her some extra time on Earth to right her wrongs, she asked the heavenly Father for Alot of things.

"........In Jesus mighty name we have prayed." The Pastor said and the whole congregation shouted Amen. He stepped down from the podium and walked over to Priscilla a JSS3 student who was comfortably seating down while the rest of the congregation stood.  "You there" he pointed at her as he neared her. Priscilla looked around and when she noticed she was the one she hissed.

The Pastor started to speak in tongues as he laid his hands on Priscilla. She started to shake and scream. She fell from her seat and people who were seated close to her ran away in fear. Fiona only watched as the girl shook violently and the pastor prayed fervently. Soon she became calm and everyone just watched

"God has done it today!" The pastor sand joyfully as he walked back to the podium. So rich people get possessed? Fiona thought. Soon Sunday service had ended and the talk of the Town was going to be about Priscilla and she knew it. Fiona sat on the slab as she waited for Amaka to arrive because she was supposed to have arrived. Few minutes later the school bus driver into the school compound and stopped just few metres away from the dining hall. Amaka came down and searched the area with her eyes, once it landed on Fiona she walked over to her with a bright smile.

"Mass was so interesting today" Amaka said cheerfully. Fiona stood up and both her and Amaka walked into the dining hall.

"What made today's Mass interesting?" Fiona asked with raised eyebrows.

"Kelechi led praise today o" Amaka said and Fiona laughed.

"Wait are you serious, a whole Kelechi led praise and worship?" Fiona asked still finding it amusing and unbelievable.