16. Onyeka

Please vote🙏😭🙏

Career day came faster than anyone had expected. Jss1 students were dressed in their different attires and Fiona just watched them as they eagerly walked to the hall. She remembered when she was in Jss1 and she was so eager to do Alot of things and get on the good sides of every senior. She always wanted to participate in everything. Now, she didn't want to but she had to. She had to make enough memories for Amaka.

She had on a simple black trouser and a black packet shirt tucked into the trouser. She wore black flats and her low cut was brushed neatly. Amaka on the other hand had a black tight skirt on with a blue short sleeved shirt tucked into the skirt. She wore flats too because she didn't want to stress her self walking on heels. Fiona linked her slender fingers into Amaka's as they walked to the hall. Some parents had arrived and were taking pictures of their children in different career costumes. "Remember the first career day we had?" Amaka asked with a small smile on her face.

How could Fiona forget, she begged her dad to ask one of his friends who were lawyers to give her his gown and wig but he had refused. So they had to make a custom wig and gown for her which was so big on her. Then, she still had her hair. Amaka on the other hand wore a black trouser and light green shirt with a telescope hanging on her neck. She had once upon a Time wanted to be a doctor. Life made her change her decision, she knew she didn't have the mind the doctors had. That was what she used to tell herself. She hated bloods and couldn't stand the smell of it. She hated hospitals too so why could she be a doctor?.

Fiona smiled as a feeling of nostalgia hit her. "How can I forget. We were so hype that day eh" she laughed.

Amaka laughed softly. "We've come a long way o. Soon we'll be saying bye bye to RBC. Cheee, I can't wait." she squealed.

Fiona gulped as realization set in, there was no graduation for her. How could she tell her best friend. "yeah right. Can't wait!" She said with fake enthusiasm.

They walked over to one of the seats located close to the windows and the vice principal walked over to the podium. He cleared his throat before bringing the microphone closer to his lips. "I need a Christian and a Muslim here to begin the opening prayers." He said and two junior female students, one a Christian and the other a Muslim walked up to the podium confidently. They both said the opening prayers and the vice principal, Mr Ola began his speech.

Fiona wasn't paying attention to Mr Ola at all because a certain someone had caught her attention. He had a turtle neck long sleeved shirt, black trousers and black shoes. His hair was in a mess of curls and few errands fell limply from his hair and landed on his face. He had a lab coat on and Fiona couldn't agree less. He looked hot. His hands were in his pockets as he spoke to Farouk and Adam who were standing at the door of the hall. She wondered what they were doing there.

Adam on the other hand wore a white button down shirt, the first two buttons of his shirt were opened and he had a good necklace dangling on his neck. He complemented the shirt with a black trouser and sneakers. He looked amazing too!. "After they'll say that girls like to over dress. Just look at how peng they're looking!" Amaka said forcing Fiona to divert her attention from the trio.

"As in." She concurred. "They dressed even better than we. That's saying something o" Fiona laughed quietly.

Amaka looked at the trio before looking at Fiona. "You guys are even wearing matching clothes" Amaka said with a teasing smile. Fiona whipped her head and looked at Kelechi. It was true, they were actually matching. Black and black. Fiona blushed.

"Awww" Amaka cooed. "Young love is sweet." She laughed. Fiona nudged her with a pout on her face.

"No one's in love here." She said