Chapter 2- Eren and Jean:

When we got to class 104A, Jean, Connie, and Sasha, walked quietly to their seats. Marco stayed behind with me. He put his hand on my shoulder and whispered, "I think Mr. Shadis is going to introduce you to everyone, so I'll stay up here with you."

I wasn't sure why I would need Marco to be by my side for introductions, after all, I'd just have to say my name. Or, that's what I had assumed.

A few more kids streamed into class— I noticed one of them was the teal-green-eyed boy and, sure enough, the black-haired girl tailed close behind.

"(F/N) (L/N)!" I flinched as someone yelled across the class. I met eyes with Shadis as he continued, "You seem to be very unprepared for your first day! Is my class a joke to you?! Where is your backpack?! Or your books?!" He paused to catch his breadth before he continued, "This isn't the kind of nonsense I will tolerate from a silly girl like you— or from any of my students! Now, introduce yourself to the class and take a seat! I think you've humiliated yourself enough already!"

Jeez. This guy does not play around. I felt Marco's presence behind me and relaxed a bit.

"Sir," I said, "I would introduce myself, however, it seems like you already did the moment you started speaking to me." Marco froze behind me.

"Eh? That's it! See me after class (L/N). For now, take a damn seat... Marco!" Shadis barked, "Sit down! I don't want you to get involved."

I gave Marco a small "thank you" before he sulked to his seat. As I walked to the back of the class to the only open spot, I heard Eren snickering behind me.

"Ha. First day and she already has no idea what's going on."

"Yes, it seems that way," Mikasa replied.

He leaned back in his chair, "I bet she'll switch out in no time. Class 104A is for the best of the best. Not shitty half-assed students."

I growled and debated walking back over to him.

"(L/N)!" Shadis yelled, "I SAID SIT!"

Better not risk it.

After class ended, I walked up to Shadis' desk, fearing the worst, yet also almost too apathetic to care. I saw Jean and the others waiting for me at the door. I motioned that it was okay for them to leave.

"No!" Sasha whisper-yelled, "We can't leave you to die! You have tomorrow's lunch!"

I sighed. I guess it was nice to have new friends.

"(L/N), I don't appreciate you showing up looking like a piece of washed up garbage. I hope you understand that you're in a very gifted class. Spots like these aren't offered to just anyone," Shadis lectured. "For now— only because I see you have friends waiting for you at the door—" He glared at the four of them and their faces went rigid. "I'll let you off the hook."

I bent over in thanks, but he hadn't finished: "If this happens again, you'll be running laps with Yeager and Kirschtein all weekend."

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir!" I speed-walked out the door to my wonderful new friends and we went to lunch.

After we had taken our seats and Sasha had finished bargaining for food, I addressed Jean. "So, what did Shadis mean when he said that I could be running laps with you and this Yeager-boy? Are you in trouble or something?"

Jean rolled his eyes and began to speak "Well—"

Connie cut him off, "Ha! Jean's always in trouble. He and Eren Yeager get in fights all the time!" Jean's face started to go red.

"Yeah, we had Shadis last year. The two of them would argue in his class practically every day. It was quite difficult to watch," Marco said, shrugging in embarrassment.

"Hey! What do you guys know? It's not like we argued over meaningless crap!" Jean defended.

"Ohhh yeah," Sasha taunted as she took a bite from Marco's lunch, "Because you being jealous of Eren and Mikasa was sooooo important!" The table erupted in laughter.

Jean jumped up from his seat and started yelling. "Shut up Sasha! How many times do I have to say that she doesn't matter anymore?!"

In the midst of all the teasing, I let my eyes wander around the lunchroom. I saw Eren chatting animatedly with Mikasa and another boy with blond hair while they waited in line for food. Jean was getting particularly rowdy and caught Eren's attention. After picking up his lunch, Eren waltzed over behind Jean and smacked him in the back of the head.

Jean was fuming. "YEAGER! THAT'S IT! I'M GONNA END YOU!!" He threw a fist in Eren's direction. The blue-eyed blond boy jumped back behind Mikasa. She swooped in to block Jean's punch and flipped him onto the floor— and it was over as soon at it began. The table fell silent as the trio walked away, Jean groaning on the ground. Eren passed by, glancing at me with daggers in his eyes. I could hear him muttering something to Mikasa about not needing her to protect him all the time.

Yeesh. That kid did not like me. And it didn't seem like he was especially fond of Jean either.