Chapter 61- Getting Ready:

(Y/N)'s POV:

    I wasn't quite sure how it happened, but suddenly, the last dance of the year was upon us. It was Saturday morning, two weeks after I had bought my dress, and I was lying in bed, staring at the elegant piece of fabric that hung in my closet across the room.

    "Bleh," I said groggily. "Do I even want to go to this?"

    Honestly, I did. I wanted to be with my friends and eat good food and spend time together. And, I'll admit, it was nice to get dressed up every once in awhile, but putting on the dress and the shoes and doing my hair and etcetera sounded like so much work. I rolled out of bed and stumbled down the stairs to grab something to eat. I knew that, for once, my parents were home, but I wasn't sure where. I didn't really mind not seeing them, though. At this point, living alone had become routine, and my mom's annoying questions about whether or not a boy was taking me to the dance were getting quite irritating.

    I ate slowly, scooping cereal into my mouth while I scrolled through TikTok. Hanji had posted a video compiling every photo she had of Levi cleaning, Jean filmed himself and Reiner doing a terrible version of a trending thirst-trap dance, and Historia had posted another get ready with me clip. I smiled to myself. These were the people that made my school year fun. I didn't need Eren. He caused too many problems.

    My phone started ringing. Historia was calling. I picked up quickly:

    "Hello?"

    "Hi, (Y/N)!" Historia greeted bubbly. "I just wanted to let you know that the girls and Hanji were planning on getting ready together. Do you want to come?"

    I thought for a moment. I wasn't busy, so I figured why not. "Sure. What time?"

    "Three o'clock, my place."

    "Three PM??" I said in dismay. "Isn't the dance at six?"

    "Yes," Historia replied, "but we also have seven people to get ready."

    "Hm... Okay. I'll see you at three then, I guess."

    "Great! Looking forward to it. Bye!"

    "Bye," I said dully, ending the call.

    I set my phone down, put my dish in the sink, and sprinted back upstairs to make sure I brought everything I needed to Historia's. When the time came, I left my house to meet everyone.

    Sasha greeted me at the door, "Hi, (Y/N)," she said with her mouth full. "Historia has snacks if you want some. They're almost gone."

    I followed her inside. Historia's house was grand and very open, with tall white pillars, high ceilings, marble floors, and a wide staircase in the center of the room.

    Upon seeing my awestruck face, Sasha commented, "Yeah, she's rich rich. Of course, by looking at her, it's kinda hard to tell."

    The moment I reached the door, Historia grabbed my wrist and flung me across the room into a fluffy chair. I settled in, taking account of my surroundings. Hanji and Ymir were lying on the bed, while Annie stood awkwardly on the side. The room was lavish and spacious— like the rest of the house— and very well decorated.

    "(Y/N)!" Historia said excitedly, "I'm so glad you could make it! I'm getting everyone's makeup and hair done right now." Suddenly, her gaze went cold as she stared at Sasha. "Sit down, Sasha. Enough with the food. I'm not going to tell you again."

    Sasha sulked over to the vanity and Historia got to work.

    "I guess I should go put my suit on," Ymir frowned. "I'm not sure if I'm into all this dance stuff— but seeing Historia in a wedding dress sounds pretty nice. Historia!" Ymir called, "Wear the tiara (Y/N) bought you, 'kay? And the blue ribbon I won."