Chapter 60- Almost Topless:

Eren's POV:

"Mikasa, I don't understand why we have to do this," I said sourly, walking beside her through the mall.

"The dance is in less than two weeks and you haven't bought anything," she replied.

"Yeah, so why do we have to do it now? We have almost two full weeks."

"Eren, don't be like that. The sooner we get this done, the better. You don't want to wait until the last minute when everything good is sold out," Armin chimed in.

"I don't care what suit I wear— they're all the same," I said as we walked into a small, stuffy store.

"Oh, really?" Mikasa held up a hideous orange tux. "So you wouldn't mind being seen in this? Jean would make fun of you for weeks."

I cringed. "Fine, Mikasa, you've proven your point. I don't understand why you have to come, though."

"I need to buy a dress. And, apparently," she continued, pulling me aside before I crashed into a mannequin, "I need to watch over you, as well."

"Whatever," I pouted.

"Hi, Annie!" Armin waved politely at the blonde girl sitting alone on a bench. "What are you doing here?"

She raised her hand from her lap slightly in recognition, "Looking for a dress. Historia forced me to come."

"Oh!" Armin said lightly, "That sounds fun!"

Annie sighed in response, then darted her eyes in my direction.

"Hello... Annie..." I said awkwardly.

She nodded.

Someone tapped my shoulder harshly.

"Eren," Mikasa said, turning me to face her. "Try this on."

I looked at the suit. It was a traditional black tux with a white collared shirt underneath.

"That's boring," I commented.

"Then you go find something."

"I don't want to."

Mikasa shoved the suit into my arms. "Then try this, please."

I rolled my eyes.

"Eren," Armin intervened, "don't be difficult. The sooner you find a suit, the sooner we can leave."

"Fine," I said shortly. "Which one of these are open?" I asked Annie, motioning towards the row of changing rooms blocked by curtains.

"That one's free," she said, pointing directly in front of her.

"Cool, thanks," I walked over to the curtain and pulled it open quickly.

I heard a gasp and made eye contact with the bottom of a dress.

"Eren!" The girl screamed.

I slowly pulled my vision upward to meet (Y/N)'s eyes.

Oh shit.

"Uh..." I stumbled over my words. I was frozen, trying to comprehend what I was looking at. It was (Y/N). Half-naked. In a dress.

I was having a hard time keeping my eyes on her face. I hoped she didn't notice. I couldn't control my gaze— my eyes naturally wanted to scan over her figure. She was... really hot.

Did I mention that she was half-naked?

I had never really seen (Y/N) exposed before. Nor was I ever given the opportunity. It felt like I had been staring at her for years— although I didn't really mind.