Chapter 37- Visitor:

(A/N)~ WOW! Almost 50K reads?! I can't believe it! I never thought anyone would take interest in it when I first started writing. Thank you all so so SO much for taking time out of your day to read this story, I hope y'all have been enjoying it. Thanks for leaving such wonderful comments-- I have such a great time reading them-- y'all are so funny and sweet, I love hearing from you. ❤️❤️ Hope everyone's doing okay. 

Lmk if you like the story! I know everyone hates (Y/N) now and is upset abt how much Jeanxreader there is, so I was kind of considering stopping...? Just keep me updated on your thoughts. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Anyway, let's get started, shall we?

I dropped the letter, still lying on the floor. I sighed. I should probably text him. He deserves an apology, too.

I grabbed my phone and my fingers hovered over the keyboard— what the hell am I supposed to say? Sorry for being a piece of shit because I was upset with myself? Sorry for making the loss of your dad a gazillion times worse because I was being an asshole?

After thinking for a few minutes, I decided the best place to start was with a simple "I'm sorry." It was straight to the point. I hoped that he would respond. It was four in the afternoon, so he had to be awake. I sent the text and threw my phone across the room so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

An hour had passed with no response from Eren. I drew the conclusion that an apology over text wasn't good enough. So, to distract myself from Eren's lack of response, and to hopefully right my wrongs, I decided to make a list. Unlike Eren, I didn't have all of the dates for everything, but I still had the memories burned into my mind. Man, I really don't have any original ideas, do I?

After I was satisfied with my work, I folded up the paper and left it on my desk to bring to him on Monday, assuming he was at school.

Just after I had finished, my phone buzzed. I sprinted across the room to read the message. It was from Eren.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

thx. it's not your fault that my dad left tho

—————————————————

The fact that he had bothered to respond to my text after everything I had done to him made him the better man.

—————————————————

me

I'm not talking about your dad.

I'm talking about me.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

oh

—————————————————

I can't explain why, but when I read that response, I decided that I couldn't wait until Monday to give him my letter. I had to do it now. I checked my phone: it was five o'clock. I have to do it tonight.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, Eren's letter to me still in my hand. I pulled out the ingredients for the Madeleines and started cooking. Soon enough, I realized I was a terrible baker. My respect for Eren and his baking talents grew— it was not easy.

After I had thrown everything into the oven, I scoured the fridge for food I could bring to him. My parents had left again for a trip, so, for the last few days, I had been cooking for myself. My creations tasted less than mediocre. So, I went for something simple: sandwiches. I pulled out bread, meat, cheese, mayo, mustard— and peanut butter and jelly for some variety. I made six sandwiches: two of them with peanut butter and jelly, the rest of them with turkey. While the Madeleines were in their final stretch of being completed, I ran around the kitchen for more food. I ended up packing two Sprite Cranberry's, Goldfish, and some carrots, since I remembered Eren had eaten a lot of those when he brought them over to my house. The Madeleines were complete, but I was too scared to taste them, so I just put them in my backpack with the rest of the food, hoping for the best. I threw in my letter to Eren in the bag as well.