Chapter 53- Flour Blanket (Part 3):

Eren's POV:

—————————————————

(Y/N) >:(

I told u.

It says "I love you"

Can't you read?

—————————————————

"Arminnnn," I moaned in frustration. "What do I doooooooo?" I spun around to face him, my leg bouncing up and down from the stress. "She keeps pushing it— even though I pretended not to know what she's talking about. What do I tell her?"

Armin sighed, probably imagining all of the better ways he could be using his time. "I told you, Eren. Either continue to act oblivious, or just confess that you wrote it."

"And if she asks why I wrote it?"

"Lie. Or tell her the truth." Armin twiddled his thumbs and stared into space in contemplation. "Either way... I think this will open a can of worms," he breathed quietly.

—————————————————

me

oh. im not sure why that's there

—————————————————

"Playing dumb, are we?" Armin raised an eyebrow. "That's not going to last."

"It was your idea!" I countered.

"It was the weaker option out of the two awful choices you had."

"Whatever," I mumbled back. "We'll see who caves first."

—————————————————

(Y/N) >:(

It's in your handwriting

—————————————————

"Fuck me," I cursed.

"Wow," Armin propped his head up on his hands. "I can't believe she said it— Why are you pacing everywhere?"

I hadn't even noticed that I was standing. "Stress, I guess," I replied, looking at my feet. "Still—" I was struck by a moment of genius, "— Wait. Armin," I started, spinning towards him. "I don't even have to lie. I don't have any obligation to tell her why it's on the blanket. That means I win."

He looked at me apathetically. "I was wondering if you'd ever come up with that conclusion on your own."

"I have no choice but to be dry," I said honestly. "What a shame. I liked talking to her."

I typed back to (Y/N) with a renewed sense of vigor:

—————————————————

me

cool.

—————————————————

(Y/N) >:(

Are you going to tell me why?

—————————————————

"Wow. She has guts," Armin commented from the side. "(Y/N) never fails to surprise me. Although, sometimes she is quite predictable."