Chapter 23- Let's Have Dinner:

On Friday evening, I finished up the schoolwork I had missed for that week and ironed my uniform out for Monday so Shadis wouldn't rip my head off when I came back to class. At sunset a light drizzle started to fall; I watched the drops race down my window overlooking the front yard of my house. After I had showered and changed into a big T-shirt and flannel pants, it was completely pouring outside. My phone was sitting facedown on my nightstand— it buzzed. I ignored it. Two minutes later, another buzz. Two minutes after that, nonstop buzzing. I decided to check what Eren had to say, despite not really caring.

—————————————————

xxx-xxx-xxxx

wednesday

why do u hang out w jean

he just said that 50% of 25 was .5

hes arguing with shadis abt it

he just got detention :D

lets have dinner

thursday

Mikasa made pb sandwiches

they're kind of bad >w<

should i say smth

lets have dinner

friday (today)

lets have dinner

what are your thoughts on homemade cuisine

im here

(Y/N) answer me

my backpacks getting wet :(

(Y/N)

look outside

—————————————————

I dropped my phone on the bed and peeked outside the window. Standing in the rain, wearing a navy blue sweatshirt with the hood pulled up and without an umbrella, was Eren Yeager. When he saw my face he started waving his arms frantically. I ducked away and he panicked— it seemed he had no intention of leaving, but no intention of staying out in the rain either.

Five minutes later there was a knocking at the window and I met Eren's teal-green eyes. He was desperately clutching onto the window frame, trying to keep himself up. I was two stories up and, because I'm not totally heartless, I decided to save him the fall and let him into my room. I held up my hand as if to say 'wait' and he nodded in reply. I sprinted to the bathroom, grabbed a handful of dry towels, and threw one on the ground underneath the window. I slid it open and Eren hopped in, sopping wet and breathing heavily.

I crossed my arms, watching the water drip off of him. "What are you doing here?"

"Man, I should not have worn my black Dickies today." He pulled something out of his pant pocket: "But the pockets did allow for great storage, so I guess it was worth it."

He made a move to step off of the towel and onto my bedroom floor. I stepped in front of him. "No. What are you doing here?"

He looked at me as if the answer was obvious. "I'm here to have dinner with you, of course. We've had this planned all week." He tossed me the wallet he had pulled out of his pants. "Here, it's Jean's. There's no money in it. Just a picture of a horse."

"You mean his ID photo?" I asked apathetically.

"Oh, so that's what that is. Then, yes." Even though I refused to acknowledge him, Eren continued, "(Y/N), I already walked all the way here and stood out in the pouring rain for this cliche to exist. Would you please just eat the food I brought?"