Chapter 33- Historia's Party (Part 2):

The party continued similarly to the one on the soccer trip: we all migrated to the couch, Jean had his arm wrapped around my shoulder and I leaned into his broad chest, smelling the ginger and rum that had begun to grow so familiar. As he talked animatedly with Reiner, I admired his features: how the left corner of his lip rose a bit higher than his right when he smiled, creating a little smirk on his face; how charismatic his mannerisms were, whether that be the way he always spoke with his hands while he talked or how he threw his head back when he was laughing really hard, exposing his Adam's apple and highlighting his sharp jawline; how his cheeks had a faint red blush all night from the alcohol; the way he bit down on his lip when he was thinking of an answer to Reiner's question; and the way his muscles tightened and relaxed when he reached important parts of the conversation, speaking his opinions passionately.

    I want to make out with him again.

    I hoped that we could play '7 Minutes in Heaven' like we did on the soccer trip, but everyone seemed to be too drunk to function. I guess I'll have to take initiative.

    "Jean, could you help me grab some plastic cups from the closet?" I asked innocently.

    He pulled his attention away from Reiner, still biting his lip while he thought of an answer to his question.

    "Of course," he said. He looked back over at Reiner, "Be back in a sec— and, to answer your question: No, they didn't."

    We hopped off the couch and walked to the closet. Jean starting grabbing some cups. I wrapped my arms around his side and held him close to me.

    "Hey Jean," I whispered, "I was wondering... what was your overall opinion of the last time we made out?"

    He continued to stack up more cups into his hands, only paying attention to where on the shelf they were located.

    "I thought it was great," he responded absentmindedly.

    Ugh, am I really that bad at this? Or, is he just oblivious?

    "... How would you feel about doing it again?" I moved my left hand up to his neck.

    "Sure," he said casually. Then he looked down on me, confused. "Are you asking to make plans for when we should kiss? No offense, (Y/N), but that's kind of weird—" Finally, he registered what was going on. "Oh."

    It all happened in a fraction of a second. Jean kicked the door closed with the back of his foot and let me push him up against the wall. I kept one hand on his neck right below his jawline, and ran the other hand up through his brown two-toned hair. I was too greedy to hesitate— I kissed him harder than I've kissed anyone in my entire life. He pulled himself away to flick off the light switch, but I grabbed him back quickly and once again our lips collided. His hands crept up my waist and he held me there. I started unbuttoning his shirt and let my fingers roam over his warm tan skin.

    What did I say again? Oh, right. Today is a good day.

    Then, Jean did the hottest thing I'd ever seen from him. He grabbed my arms and spun me around, so he was now pinning me against the wall. There was a quick thump when my back hit the door, but the sound of it faded as soon as it began. My arms were still pinned up against the door above my head— Jean was grabbing onto my wrists, breathing into the crook of my neck. He pulled his head away and looked down at me with a smirk. I had never realized how tall he was. I stared into his deep brown eyes longingly, waiting for him to press his lips against mine.

    "Hey there, beautiful," he grinned mischievously, breathing heavily.

    "You're taking too long—"