Chapter 12- Glass:

"Man, you get injured a lot. Maybe I should tell Jean to back off," I laughed. "Since he's been kicking your ass lately."

    Eren's face turned red: "Hey! I've left some pretty bad scrapes on Horse-Face too!"

    "Not bad enough to where he has to ask me for help," I teased as I started wrapping up Eren's arm. "I don't get it— is Mikasa bad at cleaning wounds or something? Why don't you ask her instead?"

    "No," he shrugged. "I just hate how treats me like I'm her younger brother or something. I mean, I think I can handle myself."

    "Hmm, can you really though?"

    I realize that lately I've been asking a lot about Eren's relationship with Mikasa. It's just because I don't understand why he keeps bothering me for silly stuff like this and not her. He and she are really close, and all of my relationship with Eren has been him making fun of me everywhere I go. I mean, you can't just go from bullying me in the halls to "Oh, (Y/N), I need a favor!"

    Of course, I didn't really have to accept his offer. I think I'm done owing him one. I guess I'll make tonight my last time.

    I had cleaned and bandaged up Eren's forearm, making sure to get every piece of glass out. "There you go! All fixed up!" I smiled proudly.

    "I— uh. Thank you, (Y/N), but erm..." Eren looked at the rest of his arm. "The bleeding goes up to my shoulder and a bit on my back. So, there's a bit more left."

    My face heated up. The only way I could help with that was if he took off his shirt. "I see. I'll... look away then." I turned around and covered my eyes.

    "(Y/N), I hate to point out the obvious, but there's no point in covering your eyes if you're going to bandage me after. You'll see everything either way."

    I internally face-palmed myself. Idiot!

    While Eren did his best to take off his shirt, I kept my eyes facing downwards, examining the bandaids and now blood-red towels I was holding in my hands. He tapped my shoulder. "Done."

    I looked up and felt my face go scarlet. He was... handsome. He had a very athletic build, with toned arms and a sculpted chest. I tried not to look at his abs as I fixed up his upper arm. When I got to his shoulder, I nearly passed out. His shoulder blades were sharp and chiseled, and his back was strong and muscular.

    Stop looking at Eren like that. Just clean him up and get him out of here!

    Eren didn't seem to be nearly as embarrassed as I was. In fact, he seemed very proud. I supposed he worked hard to get in this good of shape. I had to bring myself close to him so I could find all the bits of glass stuck in his shoulder, and I was instantly enveloped in his smell. Citrus and nutmeg. Ahhh...

    I started humming to distract myself from his figure. It was difficult. I had to rest my hand on the side of his neck to keep him from moving. It was warm, and his heart beat in a steady, even rhythm. Soon, I became engrossed in pulling out the little pieces and forgot all about Eren.

    "(Y/N)? Why are you playing with my hair?"

    "Eh?!" I jolted upright and dropped my tweezers. "I'm sorry! I didn't know I was doing that!" Could my face get any hotter?

    "Oh." He paused. "It's fine. I don't really mind it."

    It was time for me to get out of here. "Well perfect timing, Eren! You're all done! See ya later!" I bolted out the door, leaving Eren and his almost completely bandaged shoulder alone in the bathroom. He could figure out the rest himself.