❃ Chapter Thirty One - Stalker

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Jerome
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

I leaned back against my car after filling up the trunk with the groceries bought just ten minutes ago. Fishing through my coat pockets, I pulled out one handrolled and the new gold lighter that caught my eye. As I flipped the opener, a schhht of approval escaped the thing, glad to finally be put to use.

But as my eyes caught onto the bright red flame shading into yellow and a bloody red, my mind drifted to my Narah's colorful hair. All those colors spilling into meek waves down her shoulders… but when freshly dried out of the shower, it was chaotically curly, like the flame, wild from the weak brush of the wind.

I eyed the fire, shielding it from the gusts of air so it could fulfill its duty. But when I saw it lit up my cig, my mind ran into a fantasy I had from the very first time I saw her curly hair. It may have been weird how I loved her hair, but I couldn't deny the fact that it had been from the very beginning. Although, finding out it was curly only worsened my situation. In a good way.

All I could do was fantasize about having those curls on my naked chest, while she laid naked between my thighs. And then I thought what it would be like to have it spill lower.

I clipped the lighter shut, looking away to try to distract myself from the severe hard-on my cock was sporting. At the sight of a white Ford with its headlights turned on just deep in the darkness of the parking lot, all sexual thought dissipated.

I knew someone was following me from the moment he started, when I pulled out of the street on which our building that my skin got goosebumps and the hairs at the back of my head raised. I let myself followed to the grocery shop where I wasted two hours roaming the place to get everything the girls would need. I had felt the presence behind me and I did see him in the mirrors above. The stranger was dressed in black with a Levi's cap and a leather jacket, wearing gloves for the risk of fingerprints.

No face visible, tho. And he kept a reasonable distance, which was smart of him. It didn't matter whether we were in public or not, if he had tried some shit on me, my fist would have had an uncertain destination… somewhere on his body. I wasn't going to panic anyone by pulling out a gun and shooting like a moron around the place, so I just behaved like a good little boy.

But I was beginning to get tired of this.

Now, I could have taken out my phone and zoomed in to identify the license plates, find the owner and all that jazz, but it was most likely bought or rented or whatever on a fake name.

Instead, I dropped the lighter in my pocket and walked through the parked cars towards that certain one. I kept my ass in the shadows, not in the turned on headlights. Leaning down to the driver's door, I found the exact man with a Levi's cap on his phone, texting whoever. Could barely make something out if his figure because of the blurriness occured from the earlier rain.

When he lifted his head, he didn't notice my looming, his gaze going to where I had been leaned on my car.

The harsh knock done by my knuckles seemed to sound more like a pounding with my fist, which took him by surprise as much as it nearly took me. He jerked out of his seat, his phone flying as his head swivelled in my direction.

As I cocked a disinterested brow and crossed my arms, I leaned against the wall next to which he had parked his car. The window came down slowly, revealing the shadowed face of the man angled up to look at me. Although, I could barely see his coloring, I found the hard edges and lines of his figure through the darkness. Couldn't say why… but in some way the strong arch of his jaw and his upturned nose seemed… familiar. But the wrinkled forehead, the lowered brows, the hollow cheeks and only a tad bit melted, told me he was in his late forties. Not to forget about the ancient look in his eyes.