❃ Chapter Twenty Six - F★cking prick!

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

As unusual as it was, I heard the sound of his feet coming around to the back of the car. I never heard his feet in my own house, the house had creaky flooring in every single corner. I could assume that wasn't Jer, but I heard the driver's door opening and I heard his voice clearly as it came from the direction. Which meant only one thing.

He was trying to warn me.

I could only believe it was Adriano the danger, having no other suspicion.

When his feet stilled right in front of the trunk, I expected him to open up, but something stopped him. Something that sounded like a click? I couldn't quite figure it out, the sound was too muffled for me to place it.

I had earlier pulled the hoodie off my head and the cloth out of my mouth after our first stop where the gunshots, a little silenced, were still loud. After releasing myself, I helped Xen. We had untied each other, exchanging some brief words, then just waited for the car's second stop.

And now, all I could hear was silence. Dead silence that made my skin prickly with warnings. Something wasn't right.

"I can take it from here," Adriano spoke, his voice just as muffled because of our position inside the car. I listened as his feet approached the trunk, but kept a little distance as he remained right by our heads.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jer asked in a dead voice.

"I'm doing what I have to do to get my job done," Ad stated, "And you're standing in my way right now. Hands off the hood."

"I'm standing in your way? How the hell am I standing in your way?" He gritted back.

"You know how you're standing in my way!" Ad exclaimed, "You'll kidnap them and blackmail Garcia and he's gonna hand you Acosta on a silver platter for his girls! You're gonna take fucking credit for it!"

"Because it's mg fucking job," Jer muttered.

"I'm not gonna let you take fucking credit for it! I was in that damned house for six fucking months, I wasted my own time for what? For you to come and steal my progress in one month!" Adriano shouted frustratedly.

I heard Jerome laugh in a hard burst, his fist slamming into the hood. "Me? Stealing your progress? Jesus, you're one delusional son of a bitch!"

"Hands off the hood!" Adriano yelled.

"Okay," Jer said in a voice cool enough to raise the thousand warnings about what he was about to do. And I couldn't help but think it as well.

Adriano said hands off the hood, but not where he wanted them specifically.

"You're a bad hitman," Ad stated.

I knew a bang would follow, but instead I heard Jerome speak, "I think that's you who you're talking about." His voice sounded rash and cold.

"You're testing me, back off!" Ad yelled.

The two bangs that rang out were loud, not muffled, not silenced in the slightest. They was loud as a canons, but I didn't hear either ricochet or hit a hard surface. Xen whimpered next to me, holding my arm fearfully. There was a long moment of silence, then a grunt coming from our heads, along with a thud. I didn't hear other steps just Jerome's voice coming from our heads.

"I'm not called the worst of the worst because I'm the leader's brother, you idiot!" Jer gritted. "G'night!"

The shove into the trunk made Xen jump next to me at the startle, as it was louder than both gunshots. A moment later, the trunk was opened. Artificial light flooded the inside of the car, making both of us squint as we looked up at Jerome's dark frame.