❃ Chapter Twenty Two - Forever

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

What the hell was Valentin doing here? What the hell was he doing with these guys?

Okay… stupid question.

I knew him for being involved in gangs and all that… but I always thought he just sold drugs or something. Not… what was he even planning? To kill someone? Kidnap someone?

My stomach twisted at the thought of who could have gotten shot, who could have gotten hurt. Who actually got hurt. I glanced at Jerome, now holding his arms crossed and a steady, deadly stance. His baseball cap was pulled down, hiding his face from the three men, two of which both shot and bleeding.

"Before we get more into it," Jer began, "Please tell me you handled the cameras."

"They're handled," Valentin said without hesitation, looking at me as if in a trance.

Jer took off his cap and smirked, "Good deal."

All three of them froze and quietened as they stared at him with wide eyes. The other two immediately pulled off the ski masks they had been wearing to cover their faces. Val even took a step back, making sure to keep his hands in front as he paled like he'd just seen a ghost.

"We… uh, we thought you left." One of the guys on the floor muttered.

Jerome's brows lowered, looking down at him angrily, "I never leave a job unfinished. And what the hell where you even fucking planning?"

"Our- our mole told us about Acosta's future wife," one stammered.

"We were kidnapping her to use her as-"

"Yeah, I know," Jer rolled his eyes. "Did you know who she was?"

"Boss just told us about her," Val cleared his throat, avoiding Jer's gaze. "We weren't given any names, just a location and an hour."

"That's good to know. You could have fucking killed her earlier in that gunfire, did you know that?" Jer turned at me, looking me up and down, "Are you alright? Hurt? Anything?"

I shook my head, handing him back the gun by the barrel, "I'm okay…"

He nodded, taking the gun and putting it back in his coat, "We'll talk later about this. As about you three, I'd really love to handle you properly, but I'm afraid the time isn't on my side." He checked his watch as the two injured man approached each other. "Who's your mole?"

"Adriano Ferriz," Valentin replied, coming closer so the others couldn't hear him. "Are… are you okay?"

I raised my brows, "I'm alive, aren't I?"  shook my head, dragging a hand through my hair. "How are you? How's Luisa?"

"We're alright," he murmured, his figure scrunching with sorrow, "She's mad, but she misses you."

"Yeah, I know. I miss her too."

He paused, unsure as if to speak. Before I could ask what was on his mind, he asked me first. "Are you actually marrying that guy?"

"The hell she is," Jerome growled, putting his cap back on.

"I'm sorry?" Val frowned at him.