❃ Chapter Twelve - One Of A Kind

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

As I looked in the direction of his door with wide eyes, I couldn't help but feel my heart flutter from his words. Even tired as he was, he still managed to compliment me after a whole day of helping me out. After saving me at the clinic by entering in the room with me, after the ballet class by threatening my bully, after the discipline lessons by trying to stop Mrs Nieto.

Raising my bandaged hands to my hair to untie it from the bun, I finally looked at my reflexion. The smile on my face had nothing to do with today's events. It all had to do with the bodyguard that laid next door. The good man who tried so hard to make it all better for me and still complimented me at the end of the night, though I wasn't far from breaking.

Oh, and he also gave great advice. Like… the thing with ruining my father through media? By staining his name? That was smart. But I'd need concrete proof not to be accused of lying after. My father could do that, so I needed video and recordings and… God, a lot more.

Heavily sighing at the thought and the fact that my hands hurt from fumbling them in my hair, then trying to hold the brush, I stood up. Haltingly I walked to the door between our bedrooms, but stopped right in front of it, afraid I would do something stupid by what I was about to ask.

I found the courage to knock somewhere in my gut, from where I waited nervously as I bit my lip. A few moments later, the door was swung open… revealing very much naked male chest!

My eyes grew the sizes of saucers as they stared down at his very, very muscular chest, no cloth covering it now. The muscles were smooth as they traced a beautiful light tan shade, shining like gold in the light. His biceps seemed bigger now without the black clothing, more than the size of my thighs, a long snake tattoo spreading from his pectoral all the way to his wrist around which the tail knotted. Only one per total was tattooed, while the other only gleamed from the light, pinkish nipples on full display. He was scarred in certain places, by probably knives and whatnot, bullets, but the scars weren't many.

My stare went lower, regardless how much I tried to restrain myself. Oh… my! He had an eight pack, a slim waist with no ounce of fat on! My eyes intended even lower to his beautifully craved V-line, hiding lower under his pair of black leather what was-

Oh, God! Too low! Definitely too low!

Snapping my eyes up, I was met by the smug smirk on his figure and a cocked brow that inquired about my eyes whereabouts.

"I'm sorry," I croaked, then cleared my throat, feeling my face hotter than the sun, "I'm sorry to bother, I… need some help."

"Sure," he said calmly, "what do you need me for?"

Well, there would be a few things. You can rip those leathers off and climb naked in my bed so I can-

I cut that train of thought straight away as I raised the brush I held in my flat palm. If I curled my fingers around it, my wounds would sting and I really didn't want to hurt more tonight.

"I can't hold my brush… can you, uhm, if you don't mind, of course-"

"I'll brush your hair," he smiled, stepping into my bedroom. He didn't close the door to his room as he led me to the vanity and sat me down.

Okay, I didn't expect him to accept so quick. Or accept, whatsoever.

After untying my hair properly, seeing I barely managed to move the bun out of place and mess it up, he finger combed my hair himself a little. I stared into the mirror, and was enchanted to see the warmth on his figure. The small smile he had as he played through my waves, the satisfaction he seemed to feel.