❃ Chapter Thirty Eight - Daddy Dearest

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Jerome
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

Okaaaaayyy… you practically had to cut through the tension in the room to actually breathe.

I looked at the members in my family as each one of them just stared at my Narah wide eyed. Nobody moved or said a single thing as they just stared at her. Imagine twelve people, including babies, frozen as if a flash of a camera had gone off and caught all of them off guard.

Seeing in my peripheral vision Narah's rigidness, I moved my arm to the small of her back to ease her nerves. The action caught everyone's attention, their stares shifting to me. If I hadn't been pissed off by their rude silence, I would've probably laughed at how all eyes raised to meet mine at the same time - like in a cartoon.

"Is anybody going to say something or… are you going to keep staring like neanderthals?" I said, my voice below a growl.

"Gee, what got up your ass and died?" Damian rolled his eyes, breaking the awkward silence.

I narrowed my eyes on him, about to call them all out on their staring contest before Piper burst out of her chair, rocking in her arms a red-from-crying Vin. However, the tears on his face had dried off and the redness dimmed from the new presences.

"You. Are. So. Dead!" Piper shook her head, her tone nowhere near as threatening as mine. "How dare you hide this beautiful woman from us for a whole fucking mouth?! I'm so mad right now, I could hit you, Jerome!"

I smiled, knowing she'd probably just elbow me for it. I looked down at my blushing kitten, a lot more relaxed now with the end of that killer silence. The smile that raised on her cheeks, like the blush, was a shy, adorable one.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Zoe Narah Garcia," I said proudly, curling my arm around her waist to pull her body closer to mine, "My girlfriend."

"Good… Lord," Sam sighed, leaning back in her chair from the position in which she'd frozen. Lowering the spoon she had lifted to the green eyed baby boy, she shook her head slightly, "You are one gorgeous woman."

Narah snickered, her cheeks turning a deeper shade of red. "And here I thought you wouldn't like me…"

"I'm going to say this in the name of the taken men from this room," Damian cleared his throat, "You're the most stunning woman we've ever seen."

"For the sake of you, I hope he's wrong," Pip grumbled to Reeve, repositioning a still gawking Vin on her hip so she could grab something from the table.

The cop, who now sported a greyish beard, raised his hands up in surrender, "You're my most beautiful, PB, I can't even think otherwise."

"Good," my sister said, making her way around the table. She came in front of us, wearing a big ass grin, "I'm-"

"Piper," Narah beamed, "It's so great to finally meet you! God, at how much Jerome praised you all…" she sighed exasperatedly, "I thought this moment wouldn't come."

I stroked her shoulder, muttering, "Thanks for giving me away, love."

"You know I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. Whether it be now or later, the theme would've come up." Narah shrugged as my gaze was drawn to Piper and the rest of the - again - silent people. Piper opened her mouth numerous times, only to close it back every time. Everyone else was just as flabbergasted for whatever reason.

Vin, on the other had, wouldn't have it this time.

His arms spread in Narah's direction, his tiny voice coming out in a strong cry, "Nalah! Nalah!"