Unusually Fun

2 Years ago...

 It was Monday during school Thomas pulled me over to a deserted lunch table . 

"Thomas what the heck? Ouch Thomas stop. Thomas, I swear if you don't stop then I will literally punch you in front of everyone." 

Thomas rolled his eyes then took a deep breath  then said "Ok so for today's tutor lesson I want you to meet me in front of that creek you and Kylie go to you" I looked confused, 

"How do you kno-"

"Kylie told me"

"But my mo-" 

"Don't worry about your mom I already talked to her" 

"Fine. what time?"  

" Right after school"

 "Thomas are you kidding me?! Why?!! Our time is 5 to 6:30!"

 "I have stuff to do around that time. Stop being so dramatic, just meet me there" Then he left.

I was just standing there stunned so many angry thoughts stomping in my head. I bit back the urge to scream in front of everyone.

Kylie walked over to me. "What happened back here? It looks like Mr. know it all blasted a bomb!" She joked. 

"Not funny," I said angrily, I told her what happened. 

" Now because of him and math, we can't hang out today." 

"It's fine if we can't hang out today Hannah, there will be other days. Plus think of it this way at least you don't have to be cooped up in your desk in the same room with him." Huh, I did not think about that.

After school, I took the long path to the creek.  When I arrived I saw Thomas sitting on a bench while looking at his watch. He turned around "Hannah you are exactly 10.3 minutes late." 

"Huh, now you are counting every move of mine?" I said, 

"As long as it annoys you I will"

Thomas pulls out this big book of math problems, and he motions over me to do one.

Just looking at the problem was making me feel woozy inside. It felt like everything was spinning around me. Nothing on the book made sense.

"Hannah calm down, all you are doing is seeing the size of the word problem. So what if it is a paragraph? Actually read it. I swear it is easy, try.

"Easy for you." I murmured 

"Hannah if you're gonna have an attitude, then you can do nothing. Like honestly I think you can do this if you just stop giving up. Plus aren't you like a book worm or something? What happened to not judge a book by a cover memo thing?"

"Thomas for you it should be easy but for me, it gets kinda tough." 

"Is that why you spend your face hiding in books?" He smirked.

"Shut up Thomas" I grumbled

He laughed

Thomas took out a bag of chocolate chip cookies and handed one over to me.

Soon we started working on basic problems while sitting at the creek eating the cookies with were surprisingly good.

Thomas seemed a bit different here right now, he is not like the same person as he is in school. He is a bit... nicer. 

I shook my head no, shocked at what I was thinking. This is Thomas Strong. I hate him He hates me. All we have right now is a truce.

I looked at the time and said to Thomas "Well see you" 

"Hannah wait!" Bring your math book and also a card game to the library tomorrow!

I did not even bother asking why and went away, feeling something I could not explain.