Chapter 26

In the middle of the night, I woke up from Gojo shuffling in bed as I kept my eyes closed. Could he not sleep? I knew it wasn't hot because we're in the middle of fall. Plus he would cling onto me even if it was a burning oven in our bed. That man doesn't care if we're sleeping in hot sweats. What an oddball. Then I heard him quietly picking up his phone from the nightstand on his side of the bed. Did he want to know what time it was?

Click!

It sounded like he opened the home screen of his phone. Now he piqued my curiosity. If he's not looking at the time... What was he doing on his phone? Suddenly, a sharp pain entered my heart as I thought about the worst possibility. Was he cheating on me?! My heart ached from the unspeakable yet realistic idea. Unable to keep my eyes close since I couldn't bother to sleep on this, I opened my tired yet sad eyes and rolled over to hug him. I made sure that it looked like I was still asleep, and I just wanted him in my arms but in reality, I was spying on him.

An arm and leg was over his long body as I positioned my head where I could get a close view of his phone. The bright screen hurt my tired eyes but I didn't care. My eyes weren't the only organ that was going to be in pain in a few minutes from now. If Gojo was really cheating on me, I'm going to make sure that he doesn't see the bright of day. I will murder his ass. I don't care if he's the strongest jujutsu sorcerer alive. Eyeing his phone like a hawk, he scrolled on his social media feeds. There was nothing suspicious yet, however, the opportunity of it hasn't risen.

After he scrolled through his social media feeds, he then went on his message app and clicked on... My heart raced in anxiety and pain, and I unconsciously smacked his ass so hard that his buttcheek deflated. I didn't mean to expose myself, but my mind was clouded and therefore had a mind of its own.

SMACK!!

"OUCH!!" His hand rubbed his buttcheek, and he spun around to face me in bed.

I turned on a lamp on my nightstand, so he could see the hurt and anger in my face. I gave him the death glare in his damn blue eyes. "Are you cheating on me?" I didn't hesitate to be straightforward. My chest felt heavy like tons of weights collapsed on me. I didn't want this to be real but who knows? Some people were great at deceiving their partner, and I didn't want to be one of them who has to hurt later in the long run despite us being together for a very long time.

The bright light in the room forced his eyes to close for a split second and reopen to adjust to the sudden change. "Wh-what are you talking about?" Gojo confusingly asked, slowly sitting up as he stared at me, rubbing his eyes. Did he act clueless on purpose to fool me? I won't be swayed by mere idiocy.

I also sat up, putting a great distance between us on the mattress. "Stop pretending like you don't know what I'm saying! You're tired of me and this relationship we have aren't you?! Who would suspiciously wake up in the middle of the night to touch their phone?!"

"Babe—"

"No! Don't 'babe' me! If you stopped loving me then you should've said so!" Swelling emotions clouded my judgement as my future words were drenched in the 10 years we've been together, including before dating. "Why agreed to officially marry me if you were going to backstab me now?!" The memories we shared from beginning to end punched a hole in my heart. I still remembered how we first met, and it was a weird way to meet my fiancé. I began laughing and crying, thinking about how I should've knocked him out when he was claiming to be one of the good guys. His playful nature still hasn't changed since we were 18. Perhaps he only loved me more back then because we were young and in love, and now that we're older, he wanted someone refreshing to be with.

"Honey..." I tuned out his words and thought about my own turmoil.

Then I wondered about the birth of Naozumi. Did having a child he yearned so much meant nothing now? Because for me, Naozumi was the greatest gift that god has given me. He's my world I wanted to protect and love until the day I die. I learned how to be a better mom compared to the harsh environment I grew up in. Naozumi's presence filled many holes in my life. If I didn't have him, then I don't know how it would feel like not to have him smiling everyday at me, talking to me about the things he did, or feeling my heart swell up by the fact he took after my traits. His beautiful golden eyes showcased an upbringing that I couldn't have, so I gave him the life that he deserved: love and freedom.